Ch 2: Her

*Camila's POV*

"Walz she's not coming, she got suspended for kicking Austin in his boy part, so stop looking for her, she's not here." My best friend Dinah told me for what feels like the millionth time. I had a doctors appointment yesterday so I missed the action that went down at lunch. People were always picking on her because she's smart and she's the only openly gay student in this eight hour prison that we call school, but come on people times are changing, it's ok to be gay, there's nothing wrong with loving someone. Especially someone as beautiful as Lauren.

She has these eyes, sometimes they're as blue as the ocean, others they're this beautiful shade of green. If you look into her eyes long enough you would get lost in them, it feels like there's no one else in the world, like it's just the two of you. What I like about Lauren the most is her personality. She gets pushed around a lot and people make fun of her, sometimes she'll let it go, but most times she stands up for herself, she fights back, she doesn't let what they say or do get in the way of what she wants.

"Earth to Camila, Are you even listening to me. You're thinking about her again aren't you?" Dinah said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "What? No, I was just a little distracted, what were you saying? Dinah? Dinnaahh?" I didn't understand why she wasn't answering me until she smirked. "Ok, yeah so what I was thinking about her, but can you blame me? I mean just look at her. She's just so.. So. You know what, forget I even said anything" I said, trying to hide the fact that I was just gushing over a girl who probably hates my guts. "Well chancho, you know you could try showing her that you actually have a heart, and you're not the stone cold heartless bitch you pretend to be." She did have a point. "And how exactly am I supposed to do that? It's not like I can call her or go to her house, I don't' have her number let alone know where she lives" Dinah then looked at me with a creepy grin and said "I fix that."

"D what are you talking about? And stop looking at me like that, you're starting to scare me." No, seriously she looked like she was about to kill me.

"You know that really cute girl that sits with Lauren sometimes at lunch?" She said, still smiling. "Yeah, what about her?" I said, slowly nodding my head. "Well. I might have grown a pair and talked to her the other day, and I might have got her number, aaannd I may or may not have gotten Lauren's number for you." As Dinah finished I stared at her with a blank expression trying to formulate a sentence that wouldn't sound desperate. "Okaaay? So are you gonna give me her number or not?"

~O~

Later that day Camila got home and do some homework. She was doing her math work when the buzzing of her phone signaling that she received a text message, she grabbed her phone to see who it was.

D=Dinah C=Camila

D: Did u do it yet!?!?!?!?

C: do what

D: Txt Lauren u dingleberry

C: oh.. what do i say to her?? how am i supposed to explain to her how i got her number??

what if she thinks im a creep and blocks my number!?

D: Calm your nipples woman!

Just tell her it's you and tell her you got her number from a friend of Normani's

C: what if she ignores me because she knows who i am and thinks im gonna harass her or something? and what about in school what if she tries to talk to me?? do i tell her off to keep my rep? do i talk to her and lose my rep and go back to the way things were in middle school?????

ive worked too hard to get to where i am now i cant throw it all away without thinking about the outcome

D: Relax Walz. I already thought of a way for you to keep your status and maybe boost her's a little

C: well what's your plan??

r u gonna tell me or not????

D: Shut up loser

Go txt ur secret lover

"Here goes nothing" Camila said as she scrolled through her contacts looking for Lauren's name.