Ch 3: Secret Friend

When Camila found Lauren's name she sat and stared at her phone for what felt like an eternity trying to figure out what she was going to say.

Lauren was in her room working on homework packets that were due the day she went back to school when her phone vibrated showing an unknown number. Lauren would have just ignored it, but she was curious to see who it was.

C=Camila L=Lauren

C: hey are you ok? i heard what happened yesterday and i wanted to see if you were ok

L: I'm fine, thanks for the concern. Um.. Who is this??

C: um.. i kinda wanna keep it a secret for now bc if i tell you who im right now youre probably gonna stop talking to me bc youll think im just messing with you and that i don't really care, but im not messing with you and i do care about you. im just afraid to do it in public because people like you and people like me aren't usually seen together, and i want to get to know you better, but i totally understand if you don't trust me and want me to leave you alone. also im glad youre ok and i hope ur consequences werent too bad

Lauren stared at her phone astonished at what she just read. Someone actually cares about her and wants know her better? Or were they just trying to play games with her? Lauren just stared at her phone for a good 15 minutes before her phone buzzed again.

C: sorry :/ youre probably busy anyway so I'll let you get back to it

oh and im glad that youre ok :)

L: There's no need to be sorry for caring about someone. Thank you again for your concern, my punishment wasn't too bad I only go suspended for five days and my mom didn't really punish me when she found out I was being bullied. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable opening up to a complete stranger when for one I have NO idea who you are and I don't know know what your intentions are, and two I'm at the bottom of the food chain I that poor creature that has to hide from everything in fear of getting eaten, I built my walls high for a reason and I don't want them to come crashing down.

C: i promise you. I WILL NOT tear your walls down Lauren, i care about you i really do, i would never do anything to intentionally or purposefully to hurt or disrespect you. i understand how being at the bottom of the food chain make it hard for you to trust people, but i just wanted you to know that someone cares about you and i respect that.

L: Thank you :)

C: np I'll let you get back to whatever it was that you were doing before. peace out home skillet biscuit :)

txt u tomorrow

When Camila finished texting Lauren she took screenshots of their conversation and sent them to Dinah, they talked on the phone for a while before Camila decided to call it a night.

~O~

*Camila's POV*

Dinah stood beside me as I gathered my things from my locker, we were conversing over her master plan to get Lauren to talk to me in person and tell her that she's been texting me the whole time. "It's easy Walz, you flirt with Lauren and make her happy while she's gone, Normani and I should be dating by then, if not we'll be good friends and dating soon. Anyway, we sit with them at lunch when Lauren comes back then, maybe when you get home, or in the next morning, you text her and tell her who she's been talking to, and if she doesn't think it's really you write something only the two of you would know on a piece of paper take a selfie and send it to her." Dinah made it sound like telling Lauren everything was easier than eating a cookie. "D I can't just sit with her during a fifteen minute lunch break and then text her the next morning and be like 'oh hey guess what? The person you've been texting for the past six days, is me, Camila Cabello, the biggest bitch in the school' she'll freak the fuck out and never look at me ever again." I said almost yelling at her. "Okay, Okay. Well then you wait a few days, talk to her in person and let her get to know the sweet, loving, adorable, cute thing that you are." Dinah looked at me with a sympathetic look before we went our separate ways to class.

The rest of the day went by pretty slowly, nothing too interesting happened, but at lunch Dinah invited Normani to sit with us and it was the most adorable thing ever. When Normani accepted Dinah's invitation she made her way to the table and Dinah's cheeks immediately turned bright red and she looked like she was about to pass out. When Normani first sat down there was an awkward, yet comfortable silence between them as Dinah fumbled around with her bracelets, then a couple minutes later, Normani sparked a conversation about one of her homework assignments. We talked about school and what our favorite things to do were, and before we knew it lunch was over.

I sat on my bed scrolling through Tumblr, it was 7:34pm and I still haven't texted Lauren yet. I closed the app and opened my messages, scrolling down to find Lauren. When I found our conversation I stared at my phone trying to figure out how to start the conversation, not wanting to be too pushy or aggressive.

C: hey, how was your day? do anything interesting?

L: Do math and sleeping count?

C: sleeping maybe, math.. not so much

what are you going right now?

L: Nm scrolling through Tumblr trying to entertain myself wby

C: lol literally same. so um.. are you down for the whole opening up thing or naw? i promise i wont ask anything too personal and if you feel that it is too personal you don't have to answer it, you can even stop texting me and i would totally understand and you can ask me questions too.

L: If it's too personal I wouldn't just stop texting you that's rude. I would probably just say I'm going to bed or something

C: so that's a yes??

L: What do you think dumbass :)

~~~~~

In the next chapter not everything they answer is going to be real, most of the questions they ask are gonna be random, the last few are probably gonna be more serious, some of them are gonna be normal questions that you ask someone you just met.