Ch.8 He's Back

As soon as Camila was escorted out of the room the doctors made me take some memory test to make sure, as the doctors explained to me, "We just want to make sure you're not like Dory from Finding Nemo, or Lucy from 50 First Dates. You probably don't even know what I'm talking about, but I'll explain it to you more later on." After the tests the police came in and asked me what I remembered from that night, but I did remember much I just remember going out for a smoke, then nothing. They also asked if I remembered anything that happened before that night to see if anyone would want to intentionally hurt me, but at the moment I can't remember anything, it's all just blank. "Well son, if anything comes to you don't hesitate to call." The officer says before handing me a card, then leaving my room. I spent another week in the hospital, doing more tests and relearning how to do simple things like tying my shoes, basic math, and some reading comprehension.

*Camila's POV*

"Dinah what am I supposed to do. I have all these feelings for Lauren, and we've almost kissed so many times, but I'm still technically with Austin so I can't because it would technically make me a cheater and Lauren is still the school loser no matter how cool she tries to be and I can't just dump Austin who JUST got out of the hospital to date a loser because then everyone would hate me and I can't keep hanging out with Lauren the wa-" "Walz. Shut up. Stop overthinking everything, Austin probably doesn't even feel the same way about you anymore, and who cares if Lauren is the school loser, all we have to do is let her sit with us at lunch and stop being so mean to her and she won't be the school loser anymore. And who the fuck cares if the rest of the school hates you? Including your parents and your sister, you have eight people who would do anything for you." Before I could respond someone next to us cleared their throat. "H-hey C-camilla. Um, sorry to bother you and your friend, but I, uh kinda don't remember where any of my classes are. A-and I uh, don't really know anyone, so I was wondering if you could help me out." "Uh, sure. I'll catch up with you at lunch Dinah." 

Dinah waved and gave me a sympathetic smile before I linked my arm with Austin's and walked off towards his first class. We walked in a comfortable silence before I made us stop outside the school library, I need to know what he remembers and how he feels about me. "Um, Camilla, I'm pretty sure is this the library, not the science lab." "Uh. It's camEEla. And I know, I just." I took a deep breath before I continued. "Do you remember anything about us, or how you were in school before the accident?" "Um. N-no. Not really. Why?" "Well. Um. I'm gonna tell you everything, but can you do me a favor and try not to ask any questions until after I finish telling you everything?" "Yeah of course." "Um. Okay. Well, for starters, I'm your girlfriend, and you used to be a really bad person. We both were, but you were worse than me. You would lock people in their locker, shove people for no reason when they walked past you, and one time you got suspended for going into the girl's locker room and taking all their clothes and putting it in the cafeteria. And before you were attacked I was gonna break up with you because you were a real jerk and the feelings that I had for you aren't there anymore, and now I don't know what to do because I know that you're not the same person you were before and I think I have feelings for someone else bu-" "Camila. slow down, I think we should break up too, at least for now. Until I get situated with actually being conscious. I mean, you're beautiful and all, but I don't think being in a relationship right now is the best thing for me, so I think we should just be friends for now, if that's ok with you. And thank you for being honest with me and telling me everything."

*Lauren's POV*

I walked into the school and the first person I see is Camila talking to Dinah. I can't help but smile to myself remembering everything that happened between us these past few weeks. She would come over to my house and we would watch movies or talk until the sun came up. There were a few times where we nearly kissed, but she would pull away before our lips touched and start talking about Austin or something that happened to her when she was younger. I was about to go up to them until the devil himself stood in front of them. I don't know what he said, but she looked at him with a fake smile before linking her arm with his and walking away. I was about to walk over to Dinah to ask her what that was all about, but before I could Pia Ally stopped me. "Lauren what are you doing? You can't do anything to stop that. Camila and Austin have been dating since like forever and I don't think losing his memory is gonna change what they have." "Pia shut up. Why are you so negative all the time? I've seen the way Camila looks at you Laur, she really likes you. Just give it a little more time she'll come around."

*Lunch*

"Hey Laur, what are you doing here by yourself?" I looked up to see my, yes MY, brown eyed beauty looked down at me. "Oh. Uh. I don't know where Dinah and Pia, Normani had to go take a test, and Ally didn't come to school. So I'm just here, by myself,sitting alone, like usual." I said looking at Camila with a straight face. "Well. You know, you could always sit with me and Austin, or call us over to sit with you. He's not as bad as he used to be." I turned to Camila and furrowed my eyebrows, "Yeah. No thanks. I don't care how nice he is now, I will N E V E R  forgive him for all the things that he's done to me." "Um. I'll be back." With that being said Camila turned around and went back and stood in front of Austin for a few seconds before she grabbed her things and made her way back over to me.

"So. Now are you gonna tell me about all the terrible things that Austin did to you, or would you rather talk about something else?" "Um. I don't think I wanna talk about all the things that Austin's done to me right now, I don't wanna cry in front of all these people. Can we talk about something else?" I said looking down at my food. "Sure. Whatcha wanna talk about?" I sighed before I spoke up again. "I uh. I kinda wanted to talk about us. I-I mean. I've been wanting to talk about this for a while, but I-I don't know." Camila said absolutely nothing, she just sat there and looked at me with a blank expression, so I decided to just change the subject. "You know what, forget it. How was your day? Mine was going pretty good until I asked that question and things got quiet and awkward." "Wha- I'm sorry Lauren. I mean. I like you, I really do, but I th-" I spoke up before Camila could finish her sentence. "You think we should just  be friends, and you hope that this conversation doesn't change our friendship. I get it, don't worry this doesn't change thing." "Lauren that's not what I was gonna say." Camila said as she giggled. "I was gonna say I think we should wait another week or so. Austin just came back to school, and I wanna see where things with him go. And I meant it when I said that I like you, a lot, but my feeling for Austin are still there, I just don't know what he wants to do yet."

BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUM!! I finally updated this chapter even tho its still not as long as I want it to be