Ch 5: New Beginnings

Lauren's alarm went off waking her up to remind her that she had to get ready for school. "Welp. Today should be interesting." She said to herself as she got out of bed, turned off the alarm, and went into her bathroom to take a shower, she stepped out of the shower, wrapped herself in a towel, then walked back into her room and over to her nightstand, instead of grabbing her glasses on the nightstand, Lauren opened the little drawer and pulled out a box of contact lenses that she made her mom buy last night. She opened the box, pulled out a pair of contacts and put them on. After a few minutes of trying to figure out what to wear she decided to put on a Let's Roll crop top, high-waisted skinny jeans, and a pair of lace back boots. She walked downstairs to breakfast, then made her way to school surprised that none of her family members said anything about her new look.

*Lauren's POV*

I'm tired of everyone pushing me around. I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do. I'm tired of everyone making fun of me. I'm tired of everyone in general. Today is the day I take my stand. Today is the day I stand my ground, no matter how many people try to drag me down I will rise back out of my grave and show them what I'm really made of. I'm changing for myself, not for them, I won't let them win. I'm changing because I'm tired of the bullshit, I notice things that others don't I know that everyone that bullies me wants to be me. They want my hair, my eyes. my smarts, my ass, my personality, and my confidence. Today is the day I change.

As I walked to my locker I could feel everyone's eye on me, turning around as I walked past them, on the way to my locker. As I pulled my bag off my back I felt my phone vibrate, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, but before I could look at it someone bumped into me making me drop my phone.

"Sorry. Uh, is your phone ok?" Camila said sadly. I looked down at the shorter girl whose eyes were puffy. "Uh, yeah, um, I think it'll survive" "Oh, ok, well I'll see you at lunch I guess" she said before she turned on her heels and walked away. Something about her was off, it must be Austin. I was pulled out of my thoughts by a familiar friendly voice. "Lauren, there you are, has anyone told you yet" Normani said as she approached me with an unfamiliar Polynesian girl. "Uh, I'm good. What do you mean, has anyone told me what?" I asked as Normani engulfed me in a hug. "There's a new student, Ally, she transferred here yesterday, and she's gonna be sitting with us at lunch along with Dinah and Camila. Oh wait, did anyone tell you about Austin yet"

**FLASHBACK** (Small trigger warning)

I was taking a walk to clear my mind when I hear a familiar voice. "Hey! Whoregui, where you going?" "Leave me alone Mahone, I'm not in the mood to deal with your bullshit." "Oh, come on Lauren, I'm just messing with you." He said stopping in front of me. "Seriously tho, where are you going, it's almost midnight." "Mind your own business would you Mahone, now get out of my way." I said as I pushed past him. "HEY! Don't walk away from me while I'm talking to you." Austin gritted through his teeth as he grabbed my arm "Sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to my mom, oh wait I'm not. Would you mind letting me go?" "Not until you tell me where you're going." "I don't have to tell you SHIT Mahone, now let me go." I said as I yanked my arm out of his grip and began to run. I don't know how long I've been running, but I thought I was safe so I decided to sit down and take a break before I make my way back home.

I rested for about thirty minutes before I stood up and walked across the street so I would have a head start if Austin is still out and decides to chase me again, but I think I'll be able to run away fast enough this time, I need something to defend myself. I look around on the ground for something I can use to defend myself, preferably a BIG rock, and just than I found a decent sized rock, small enough to fit in my hand, but big enough to do some damage. As I made my way back home I was very relaxed and at peace, but just when I thought I was in the clear, then out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure leaning on the trunk of a car. "I was starting to wonder if you were even gonna risk coming back Jauregui, ya know, I didn't appreciate the way you ran away from me." Austin said as he made his way across the street. I ignored him and squeezed the rock I held in my hand. "Hey! I'm talking to you, don't ignore me." I disobeyed his command, as he began to make his way across the street, I started to walk a little faster. "Come on Lauren I just wanna talk to you." Austin gritted through his teeth as he jogged to catch up to me. I heard his footsteps get closer so I decided that now would be a good time to run.

Just as I began to run I felt a clump of my hair get yanked back, Austin wrapped his hand in my hair and pushed me against a parked car, pinned my wrist to my side, than crashed his lips into mine. Every attempt I made to push him off of me failed, I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip and that's when I knew I had my chance. As soon as he forced his tongue into my mouth I bit down on it as hard as I could. "OW!" Austin pulled his head away from mine, when he did that I began to scream, but stopped when I felt him put something in my mouth. "You know Lauren, I thought this would've been harder, but I guess not." He let go of my hand without the rock and brought it to my face, caressing my cheek, and he just stood there and looked at me. Having a newly freed hand I used it to whack his chest and try to push him off of me, I also slapped him across the face, but yet again every attempt failed. He grabbed my wrist again and pinned back to my side, than he began to kiss my neck, looking for my sweet spot.

I let out a small moan when Austin found my spot, he let go of the hand that had the rock in it and brought it up to my center, and that's when I lost it. I hit him in his head, with the rock, as hard as I could, knocking him unconscious. I watched as he stumbled backwards, fell and hit his head on someone's mail box. Angry, scared, and relieved I slowly backed away from his body and made my way back home. The next morning I woke up to my mom watching the news. "16 year old Austin Mahone from Miami High found unconscious and without memory outside of his neighbor's house."

**END FLASHBACK**

"And now Camila's been really depressed, she hasn't even told one of her corny jokes" The Polynesian girl said. "Oh, um wow I mean he got what was coming, ya know, for being such an asshole, but I guess I feel for his family and his friends, and Camila too. I hope they find whoever did it." I said trying to sound as sincere as possible. Dear God DO NOT let the police find who did this, I'm too young and pretty to go to jail. "Well I'll see you guys after school. I'm going off campus for lunch.