To Dance With The Devil

Chapter 10

Valeria was now standing in the middle of the ballroom while waiting for Hannibal, who was preparing the music.

Hannibal then went towards Valeria. As he looks at her, she seems nervous but quite confident. She's trying her best to appear as vulnerable as she could be but he knows that this will be her test. A test, to finally reveal her true self.

"Shall we?" Hannibal said as he offered his hand. The maiden gently took it without breaking eye contact. He then led and position one of his hand in her waist. The maiden flinch at this which made him chuckle. He just looked at her mystifyingly.

Valeria can't get her full attention at the situation for she is quite bothered at Hannibal's hypnotic gaze and his warm hand, which was actually touching her waist. Her heart was now beating fast and the rush of emotions are slowly drowning her deep to the ground. She knows this is the start of their wicked game. And she had already commit to herself that she won't let herself fall at the man's trap, if she does it will be her end. The perfect damnation and the complete surrender which she has to avoid.

To dance with the devil is a horrifying opportunity but if you succeed you may gain it's trust. You may make him worship and he shall follow all of your command you but if you fail the payment is eventually your soul. And there is no escape from that. He will keep you locked up, caged like a bird and even if you try you won't be a able to take your soul back. Hannibal's grip suddenly tighten and as he smiled at her. She just looked at him and they begin to dance.

As they move, their exchange of glances is very strong. You can feel that it is like they are battling each other but in complete and wonderful rhythm. Each step they make is equivalent to the attacks they create. They are both trying their best not to fall on each others trap but the environment is now changing.

Hannibal was doing his best to make the maiden put down her guard, he makes sure that his touch will always send the certain message he wants the maiden to receive. But Valeria knows better that's why she just deflect it.

"You are a very talented dancer Valeria" Hannibal said while inhaling her scent; vanilla and roses.

Valeria then blushed at this statement while smiling back at him. "Thank you for that compliment, but I am not actually as good as you Dr. Lecter" The way she said his last name made Hannibal smirk.  The maiden knows how to play, he said to himself. But now he's beginning to become impatient and question his dominance and this has to stop.

Valeria's POV

This dance is beginning to feel like it's been hours but I know we've just started. I was starting to feel weary and I can't deny anymore that his touch don't affect me but it actually does. His touch was the only thing that I've been wanting to feel even in the past years of my life. I never had any romantic relationship, because I was waiting to see him first but now he's here and holding me I can't quite understand why am I afraid to let myself reveal to him. He know me already and I can see it in his eyes, but he won't utter the subject which I frustrating me. He wants me to submit myself and admit it without him asking and I can't do that. I have to thing of something.

As I twirl, Hannibal still won't let go of my hand. He's supporting me while dancing which was starting to make me comfortable. And as I return to his touch, his maroon eyes is looking at me intently. Its like he's planning something but before I can a word it happened.

He kissed me...

I was shock at first, and tried to get away from him but he's holding me tightly and that's when my guard shattered in pieces. I responded to his kisses. It was like our lips are dancing in complete sync. and I know he feels it too. His hold tighten and he smiled between those kisses. I was now slowly showing my true self. The helpless, weak, and afraid maiden.

Our lips parted to catch our breath but this can't erase the fact that the kissed just happened. I looked at him and saw that same expression he was satisfied with my reaction. He won.

And as the music ended the battle stopped and I surrendered. He let go of me and I quickly gathered my things and run towards the door. He didn't follow like I expect that he would but I think he's just curious of what my reaction would be if he kissed me, well I wish he was truly satisfied with my reaction, I said to myself.

As I got outside it was actually raining, I quickly went inside the car and I saw him in his doorway looking at me with disappointment in his eyes but I blinked away the thoughts forming in my mind and started to drive away from his house.

"Why am I so stupid!" I yell to myself as tears are starting to form in my eyes. My driving speed accelerated which made me forget my real destination: home.

I then stopped at a park which is not far from my house and let myself soak in the pouring rain. I then saw a swing set and sat in there in silence. While the rain pour, my tears are also dripping from my eyes as I look up. I started to think of what made me run away from him, am I afraid now because of the action he did? Or is it because I finally accepted that I lost the fight and realize the fact that I don't just want to see him but I want him to be mine?  Those are the questions lingering in my mind. Yes I finally accepted the fact that I want him to be mine, that I crave his touch since the first time I saw him. Even with the knowledge that he is the famous killer here. It didn't bother me and it is odd. After I survived when we we're younger, all I ever wanted was to find him and Mischa but he's the only one I found and I feel the urge to protect him so he won't disappear again in my life. Since that day they tend my wound, my young heart was swept away by him and his little sister which is the main reason why I search for them. But now as I sat in here my mind was confused as ever, I'm trying to connect puzzle pieces that I know I can't do alone. When he kissed me, All I felt was the happiness and the contentment I've been looking for my whole life. That certain emotion that I know money and luxury can't give. The certain emotion that was taken away from me when my parents was slaughtered. And that certain emotion that I know he can only give back;  love.

"Impossible relationships" That's what I muttered to myself. You know it can happen but you ran, my mind answered back. I must be insane now for I am finally having a conversation with myself and my inner self. I laugh at this and then look down on the ground. "Why do rains fall?" I ask to myself.

"Because this proves that not everything we hold, we can carry and that sometimes we have to let them go so we can find something to hold again" Somebody answered and I look up again to see a man, holding an umbrella for me and looking at me with his maroon eyes. He then let go of the umbrella and took me by the hand and hugged me tightly.

"You know leaving me is quite rude" He stated as his one hand take hold of my head, we are now soaked in rain. "But I forgive you, come let's go home before you will catch a fever" He said once more while still taking a grip of me.

"You know, you didn't have to follow me here" I said as I look at him.

"But I have to follow you...." He said as he kissed my forehead. "Because you lied to me about your identity Aušrinė, and you have some explanation to do" He firmly said and I just nodded at his statement.