Forever and Always

Chapter 19

After they set Hannibal free, they quickly went to Valeria's house, Hannibal's old home. Police then search the whole house to find the lady but was unsuccessful. Hannibal then took that time to search for her himself, he knew that exact place for he saw some resemblance in the video. When he reach the end of the hallway a black door was in front of him now. He then opened the door and the just like that he finally found his wife.

"Jack she's here!"

Valeria/Aušrinė
POV

Opening my eyes I was welcomed by a pairs of maroon ones. I then look at the place where I was, all is white and cleansed.

"Hello Hannibal, nice to finally see you" I said to him and he held my hand.

"Glad to see you finally awake Aušrinė" He then kissed my handand I smiled.

"How did I ever manage to survive?" I said and chuckled.

"We arrive just in time Aušrinė"

"You helped them?" I asked and he just nodded.

"Why?, why let your guards down Hannibal?"

"I was losing you Aušrinė, I let that happened before and cannot bear to happen it again"

"Hannibal, if you we're given a chance to make a wish, what would it be?" I asked him. He the touched my face as tears started to form in his eyes.

"A gift of your immortality, a chance for me to correct everything. A chance for me to correct everything"

"But you did" I said to him. "You finally put down your guard."

"But It won't... " Before he could continue I put my finger to his lips.

"It doesn't matter anymore Hannibal, this is a start of your redemption. Continue this Hannibal. Help them." I said to him but now I was finally crying. "In our life we make mistakes, we don't have a clue if we will forgiven or not but there's always a given chance for us to change Hannibal. You finally took the first step by cooperating with them. I know you still have to struggle to finally achieve this but I know one day, you will get use to it and change for the better. For I never lost any hope for you Hannibal, I never did"

He then smiled at me. "I know you didn't.  I'm sorry I wasn't been able to be a good husband to you. I wasn't able to give you all the happiness in the world. Our life was a big mess and I know I am the one to blame"

"No one is the one to blame Hannibal" I said to him. "I forgive you for everything, your mistakes are nothing to me now. Seeing your sincerity is all that matters to me. You were also able to accomplish your role as my husband. You know why? Because you really kept your promise. You are here with me now at that's all what matters"

"I love you Aušrinė" He said while he cries.

"Stop crying now Hannibal, I'm not used to seeing you like this"

"Only for Aušrinė, only for you"

"Hannibal if given a chance would you propose again to me?" I ask all of a sudden.

"Of course will Aušrinė, but this time it will be more proper. I will invite all of them to help me. I will then rent room and shower it with rose petals. I then will set a table in the middle of the room just for us. You will wear the perfect dress. And I will wear the suit that you bought for me on my birthday. You will then walk towards me and I will then take your arm like a true gentleman. We will be served by the most exquisite cuisines and will listen to the most beautiful song. Then I will take your hand once more and propose to you in the most special way"
I smiled at this. I never imagined that he will be able to imagine such romantic events that fast.

"You know, in another life I'm sure we will live in a fairytale. You are Knight and I am you Princess. We will live in a big castle and I will give birth to our lovely son or daughter. We will then grow old together, see the beauty of the world together. Then when are children are old enough we will start to travel the world and enjoy life. In there, you don't have to be the man you us to be. You won't be called a cannibal anymore, you won't have the urge to kill, for you my love will only enjoy life. In another live all our promises will be kept, we will make sure to let them come true. And then when we are satisfied we will just hold hand in hand till we finally take our last breath"

He then smiled at me but he can't deny the pain in his eyes.

"Hannibal, remember when you tended my wounds before, you said I was a cry baby but look at us you are crying more than I am"

"I'm just happy Aušrinė, you know that right?"

"Of course I do silly!, Thank you for everything Hannibal" I said and now he just cried more.

"Now I know how valuable I am to you, you finally show me who you are, the true you. There's nothing more I can wish for Hannibal" I said trying to cheer him up. "Hey" I said as I finally held his face. "Don't worry anymore. In fact you should be happy for your wish actually came true" I said and I touch his chest.

"You gave me immortality Hannibal,  a chance to forever live in your heart. You won't lose me again Hannibal I promise, but now I think you have to let me rest for a while"

"You promise you will regain your strength?"  He asked.

"Of course, I'll be much better before you know it."

"I will wait for you Aušrinė, forever and always" He said and kissed me on the lips.

"I'll sleep now okay? I love you Hannibal" I said and smiled.

"I love you too Aušrinė, sleep well" And then I finally closed my eyes.