A Little Too Late

Chapter 11

3 years after their last encounter....

Inside the famous Baltimore Hospital for the Criminally Insane, all you can hear is the sharp sound of a pair of stilettos wandering inside the well known madhouse. The owner has a vicious smile on her face while her lips is coloured in crimson lipstick. Her hair is a little shorter now and curled slightly but you can't deny that her eyes are still cold as iced but was now being covered by a silver framed glasses. She was different from what she was before her once sweet smile was change into a vengeful smirk. Her perspective had been altered, which made the once kind girl live as a hollow woman. This is not her first time to visit in here, in fact she knows this place very well. Because his loving friend was once admitted in here for the crime he actually didn't commit. Then there she saw the woman she's been wanting to see.

"Miss Alana Bloom, it's been a long time." She said as a lethal smile was formed in her lips. "Its so great to finally see a good friend of mine after the years had past"

Alana just snickered at her words while hiding her intimidation. "Yes Valeria, you are right" She said as she opened the door of her beautiful office. "It has been a long time but you manage to visit in here without any warning" 

The lady just looked at her and took her seat. Alana then went to her desk an opened a folder and look at her.

"How is he managing now Alana?" The lady ask while crossing her legs.

"He's still being accommodated well as we speak. After all, I have to be compassionate to him just like your very request"

"Why do you say that Alana?, the way you say those words is like your just paying your debt on me?" The lady said while fixing her glasses.

"This was actually the payment for every ounce of kindness you had offered me in my near death if  you still recall" Alana stated as she stood and walk towards a cabinet and took two wine glasses. "Wine?, for old times sake?"

"That would be greatly appreciated Alana" The lady answered and wait for Alana whose filling the glass with an expensive wine.

"Here you go" Alana said as she handed the lady her glass. The lady then muttered a "thank you" and started to sniff the wine before drinking it.

"This wine is imported from Florence, Italy am I right?"  Alana just nodded at the woman's query while taking a sip of her wine.

"Whats exactly your business in here Valeria?"

"Still straightforward as always Alana, I like that" She said while her eyes are beginning to narrow at her.

"Lets cut the formalities Valeria, we both know we can't stand each other. Are you in here to visit him, your..."

"Shhh..." The lady shushed while her one finger was in front of her mouth, clearly demanding her to be quiet. "Yes I'm here to visit him but, that's not the whole reason"

Alana nodded at her understanding and she started to feel warm towards her.

"It seems that I don't have to travel to London every weekend anymore for your therapy sessions" Alana stated as they both stood up. "Because you finally have to urge to stay here in Baltimore again"

The lady just nod at her statement and slightly smiled.

"Very well, one of my attendants will be here soon to accompany you towards where he's currently staying and after that you will be left with him so you can talk with him comfortably and when your done feel free to return her so we can talk once more"   Alana said while a female attendant walked towards them. The lady started to follow the attendant but was stopped by Alana's words.