Chapter [8] Diner Buddy

Chapter Eight:

I quickly parted from Chase, my cheeks tinted red.

It was Jason.

"Jason." Chase cleared his throat. "What's up?" He scratched the back of his neck.

"What's up with me? What's up with you two?" He questioned, lifting his eyebrows.

"Nothing man." Chase clarified and then turned to me. "Ivy, why did do that?" He asked.

They both looked at me.

It was so embarrassing, however the thing that was much more nerve wrecking was the fact that Skylor was standing right next to Jason the entire time, speechless, stunned, and a little confused.

"I um..." I panicked, my heart raced. I glanced from Jason who was completely confused, to Skylor who looked kind of defeated. He stared at me, waiting for an answer I suppose.

"You what?" Jason furrowed his eyebrows.

"I have to go." I muttered as I turned around and quickly walked back to my group of friends.

"What was that all about?" Bonnie asked.

I took a short glance back and saw all three of them looking at me. Jason made a kissy face while Chase's cheeks turned a little pink. Skylor on the other hand looked down towards the ground the moment our eyes locked.

"Me making a fool out of myself as usual." I pouted.

"Hey, I skinny dipped in a teacher's pool, what you did was not that bad." Brooke laughed.

"Yeah, enough about embarrassing things, let's go get some ice cream." Lauren suggested.

The one thing that can take my mind off of anything.

Food.

The weekend had gone by and my mind was completely off of the whole triple dog experience. Me and the girls went to a bonfire Saturday night and Sunday was pretty much a chill day.

I went to class earlier Monday morning because I didn't need to go to my locker for any books. As I looked out of my classroom window, outside was pouring down rain.

"Hey, you okay?" Brett asked as he sat next to me.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine." I gave a slight smile.

"So do you want to tell me what Friday night was about?" He looked at me.

I looked completely oblivious to what he was talking about, "Friday, huh?"

He gave me a pointed look so I caved.

"Okay fine. We decided to play this stupid dare game. It was nothing serious." I said nonchalantly. Even though it was the most fun I've had since being here. I was trying to keep my cool about it.

"See I knew it had to have been something like that. But hey, I'm all for it ." He joked.

I laughed. However, I stopped midway when I saw Skylor walk into the classroom. He had just made it in time before the bell rang. His backpack was slung over his left shoulder and his right hand was stuffed into the front pocket of his jeans.

He didn't say anything to me that day. He'd usually bump my desk, or mumble something about me or Brett under his breath. None of that happened though. He just came in and sat down.

It wasn't just that day. It was the rest of the week too. He was more aloof. He stayed with his group, but that's it. He didn't cause any problems at school which was abnormal.