Chapter [15] Sherlocks

Chapter Fifteen:

Okay so something definitely wasn't right. Chase was never not there. If that made any sense. Usually he's the first one to walk in, but today he was no where to be found.

"I wonder where he is." I muttered under my breath, gazing at the group of boys walking through the cafeteria.

"Oh no." Jonah sighed. "What if he's dead." He bluntly said.

"I highly doubt that." Brett shook his head.

They sat at their usual table. I don't know why I was paying so much attention to them the past couple of minutes but something just seemed off about them. They looked meaner than usual. If that were even possible.

"Hey so are we all on for this weekend right?" Bonnie asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

"That's correct." I nodded.

"Yay."

I couldn't help but say something about them, "Something is up with them. And I want to find out what it is."

"But why? They're complete douches." Brett sneered.

"They aren't that bad." I peaked over at their table again.

"What? Ivy, you're not seriously trying to get involved with this are you? You've already stolen his bike. I mean, what more can you do to try and piss this kid off?" Jonah commented.

"Oh calm down Jonah it's not as bad as it seems. I'm sure Skylor has a soft spot for Ivy somewhere. Even if his heart is cold and dark and scrawny-

I cut her off. "I think we got the point Bon."

She shrugged her shoulders, eating a fry.

"Wait. So Skylor likes Ivy?" Brett seemed confused a bit.

"Of course he does." Bonnie nodded.

"Of course he doesn't." I said simultaneously with Bonnie.

Jonah looked a bit surprised. "What the hell, why didn't you tell me." He looked at me.

I immediately shut the thought down. "No one likes anyone okay. We're just...classmates."

"But you don't want to be just classmates do you?" Jonah wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"You know what, I'm leaving." I held my hands up and got all my things from the table.

"Oh come on, we're just messing with you!" I heard Jonah call.

"Ms. Rivers, would you mind passing out the study sheets please?" Mr. Danforth asked.

"Sure." I grabbed the stack of papers off his desk and began walking around the room passing them out.

Skylor's desk was ahead of me and I noticed him texting while I was walking towards him. I didn't want to invade his space or anything but when I got to him he didn't even know I was near him. Something that caught my attention was the text he was sending.

Seeing chase after school.

I stood in front and handed him a paper.