Chapter [11] Working Woman

Chapter Eleven:

"Mom, Dad." I sat between them on the couch.

"Yes?" My mom replied turning her attention away from the television to look at me.

"Your hair looks beautiful today did you do something different with it?" I looked at her hair in awe.

"Nope." She shook her head.

"Oh." I said. I turned to my dad. "Dad did you do something to your hair? It looks ama-"

"I'm bald." He cut me off. "What could I possibly do to it?"

I sighed in defeat. "OH."

"What is it you want now?" He laughed.

"Well if you must know. My car for the past lifetime has constantly been having problems and it's been driving me crazy. I broke down once, dad." I informed him.

He raised his eyebrows. "But it's working now right?"

"Well yeah but..erm"

"But that's all that matters." He nodded.

"Okay? But what if it ends up breaking down at night and a murderer comes out and kidnaps me and tries to kill me and I end up on a episode of forensic files." I stated.

"I'd say he'd bring you back home because you would've talked him to death." He chuckled at his own joke.

"Mom. Dad." I pouted, quivering my bottom lip as I gave them both puppy dog eyes.

They looked at each other, communicated strictly through their eyes.

"Okay fine." My dad gave in.

"Yay!" I stood up.

"BUT." He interrupted my celebration.

"But what?" I sat back down.

"Only if you get a job. Whatever money you make in the next few months we'll double it and then you can trade your old car in and get a newer model." He informed me.

"Seriously?" I asked in disbelief.

"That or deal's off." He held his hands up before putting them back down.

"Where am I suppose to find a job?" I asked.

"Lucky for you, the new restaurant down town is having open interviews today from noon to four this evening." My mom told me.

I looked at the clock.

3:14 pm

"Gotta go." I rushed from the couch up the stairs. I could hear them laughing in the background.

I rushed upstairs and took a quick shower. I decided to wear black pants along with a pink blouse and paired it with a black blazer. I decided to just wear some black flats. I wasn't trying to really dress up. I put my hair in a sleek bun and ran downstairs, out of the house and into my car.

By the time I got there it was three fifty five. "Thank God I made it." I said to myself.

I walked inside the restaurant, "The Cruise" and it was really nice. It was a grille so a bar was set up along with the dining room. There was a pool table near the side entrance. Some lights were bright and some were dim which made the scenery relaxing. Music played in the background and there was a nice crowd here tonight.

I found a manager and talked with them and they escorted me to a small booth where my interview was going to be.

After the interview, I felt pretty confident about how it went. "Hi, how are you?" A lady about middle aged asked me.