Bad Memories..

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory..”

- Rita Mae Brown

My eyes are red from crying all night. Liz had called me and told me that Richard was killed in the fire. To everyone he was just an asshole but to me, he was a brother.

He didn't act like an ass when we talked instead we would crack jokes and laugh. I never even got to go and see them since I've been here.. Oh gosh, poor Tyler and Carol.

"Elsa? Are you ready yet? We gotta head to the Lockwood's." Jenna calls as I walk down the stairs."I'm ready.." I mumble, putting on my coat. She sighs and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry hon.." She whispers, pulling away. I just send her a smile as we head to the car.

***

"I'm not.. I'm surprised you'd think my sister loved you back." I heard Elena say, making me gasp.

"Now, I'm hurt." I hear Damon tell her.

Fuming, I storm up to the two, "Elena! How dare you say stuff like that. You have no idea how I feel for Damon!"
She stares at me in shock as does Damon.

"B-but, do you have feelings for him?" She spits out, making me glare at her.

"Don't say it like he's something disgusting. Because he's not! I thought I taught you better than this? And yes, I do have feelings for him." I scold her, making her look down in guilt.

Sighing she looks up at me, "But he's not a good person Elsa.." Seeing that she is just trying to protect me, I soften up a bit.

"Elena, he is a good person. You just haven't taken the time to see." I tell her, making her sigh and nod.

"Ok.." Thats all she says before she walks away.

I look at Damon and send him a smile before walking to greet Tyler.

"Hey there hot shot." I tease as I wobble up to him.

He stares at me and my belly in shock, "Aunt Elsa? I-is that? A-are you? I-i m-mean.." I laugh at his stuttering before pulling him into a hug. He hugs back immediately before pulling away.

"Yes, hot shot. Its really me. And yes, I'm pregnant." I say with a huge smile on my face.

"Wow, congrats. But where's Uncle Mason?" He asks, making my heart clench and tears well up.

"Aunt Elsa? What's wrong? Is Uncle Mason ok?" I look at him and nod before gesturing to sit on the chair on the porch.

Taking a deep breath I tell him, "Your Uncle and I aren't together anymore."

"What? But you're pregnant. When did you guys get divorced? Why did you get divorced?" He questions, one after the other.

"Technically, we aren't divorced. I never got the chance to get the papers. But he cheated and left me for another woman.." I cried, a teardrop falling from my eye.

"What?!" A voice exclaims and it wasn't Tyler's.

Looking up, I catch the shocked and angry face of Carol Lockwood. "Hey Carol." I mumble, wiping away the tear and smiling.

She rushes up to me and pulls me into a hug, "Oh honey.. Why didn't you call? Or message? I can't believe he did that to you!"

"Its just been really hard..I'm sorry." I tell her as she pulls away and looks at me. She sends me a sad smile before wiping away tears that spilt from her eyes.

"Its ok.. I understand. But you'll get through this. You deserve better.." Carol tells me before someone calls her name. "Oh, I have to go. Don't leave without talking to me ok?"

I nod and wave goodbye as she walks away. I look at Tyler and smile, "I'm gonna go in and look around. Its been awhile since I've been here."

"Ok. Bye Aunt El." He says before he greets another person walking in.I smile as I gaze around the large house I use to spend days in.

Spotting a table with chocolate covered strawberries, I rush over to it. "Mmm.." I moan as I bite into the sweet fruit.

"I love that sound. Do it again." The voice of Damon whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes and turn away from him.

"I told you what would happen if you spoke to me." I warned, making him cringe at the memory.

"I thought you forgave me for that already." He whines, making me smile at his childishness.

"You have to earn it, remember?" I tease, making him laugh. Suddenly he goes serious making me send him a look.

He sighs before answering my look, "So, as I was talking with Sheriff Forbes I caught sight of a guy I never saw before. I asked the Sheriff who he was, and she told me his name was Mason Lockwood." As soon as I hear his name, everything else disappears.

'He's here..Of course he's here, its his brothers funeral.' I think to myself.

'When will all these bad memories just leave.'

Author's Note:

Hi!! I know that this chapter and the last and so will the next are all from 2x01 but I decided to break the up because it's going to be sooo long if I try to write it all out.

And I don't wanna make you guys wait so much. Plus, don't you just love cliffhangers??

Please comment below it would really mean a lot. So what do you guys think about that conversation between Damon, Elena, and Elsa? Elena was a major B right? And Mason's here now... What happens next?

Keep reading to find out.