Bad Moon Rising

"Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying, is exactly the one making you cry.. "

- u n k n o w n

After a long day of research that got us nowhere, I was thoroughly exhausted. The remarks and stupid spats between Damon and Elena did not help. She'd been acting strange all day and giving me an attitude that really put me in a foul mood.

My feet were swollen, my back was hurting, and all I wanted was to go home and relax before I bit someones head off.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Elena asks, actually sounding worried after acting weird all day.

Maybe it was because I was pregnant or because I was tired, but I couldn't stop myself from snapping at her, "I could ask you the same question Elena. You've been disrespecting me all day and it's pissed me the heck off. So, right now, I'm feeling like you should stop talking to me for now before I say something I regret."

My younger sister stared at me with a stunned and guilty look on her face. I didn't feel like listening to what she had to say, so I stormed away from her. Just as I was going to walk down the stairs, I heard Vanessa calling my name.

Confused, I turned around to see her walking towards me with a book in her hand.

"I found this a while ago, hidden in Isobel's office. I'm not sure what all of it means but you'll find what I've been hinting at today," She explained briefly, only leaving me more confused, "I know that it's no excuse for what I did. I was just terrified and I wasn't thinking straight. But I'm so sorry that I almost hurt you and your baby."

I held the heavy book in my hands, still trying to get over my surprise. I was still very angry over what she had almost done today. But I'm still alive and so is my baby (thanks to Damon) which meant there was no use being angry at a person I will probably never see again.

Tucking the very old looking book under my arm, I sighed and looked her in the eye, "I'm still pissed and wouldn't mind punching you in the face right about now."

Vanessa looked shocked and was about to say something but I quickly cut her off.

"But, you failed epically and I'm still breathing. And so is my baby. So, it's all good. Plus you gave me something that will hopefully cure this annoying Nancy Drew voice in my head."

This caused her to relax and laugh at my explanation. But I really didn't wanna talk anymore, so I sent her a small smile before turning back around and walking down the stairs.

It was probably rude of me but after the day I had, I honestly did not give a rats ass. I just wanted some peace and rest, being pregnant is not easy.

I finally made it to the car but after pulling on the handle, I remembered that the doors were still locked. Groaning out loud, I rested my forehead against the car window.

"Here, allow me- Alaric gave me the keys," Damon's voice sounded from behind me causing me to gasp and whip around. His sudden appearance had almost literally scared the shit out of me. Good thing I clenched my butt cheeks.

He unlocks and opens the door for me but before I could get in, he blocks my entry, "You're not gonna be able to hate me forever."

I huffed in frustration because I really was not in the mood to have this discussion. Elena, who walked up behind me, sensed it and thankfully spoke up, "Can we just go?"

Rolling his eyes, he ignores her and hands me a thick book.

"You guys didn't dig deep enough," The raven-haired vampire mutters while staring at my face intensely. I fidget uncomfortably as I hand the book over to my little sister.