Silence of the Alpha Chapter Four

Phoenix was shocked by my acceptance. He hadn't spoken for the rest of the evening. I was worried that he would reject me, thinking that I was too much of a bother to him and his pack. My thoughts were contradicted, however, because he seemed to use every chance he could to touch me. I had made dinner for the members in the pack house, and Phoenix helped, making sure to brush against me at every possible moment. It was unnerving, but the sparks felt amazing.

We had just finished watching a movie with a few members of the pack when I smelled a familiar scent in the room. I looked up at the doorway and saw Cass standing there with her mouth wide open. I tried to hide my amusement and simply shook my head. Phoenix followed my eyes and looked directly at Cass. She stopped gaping and smirked.

"So, you're officially our Luna now, huh?" She still had her smirk plastered across her face. I blushed softly and nodded. I stood up quickly and gave her a hug, surprising her. She hugged me back, shocked that I had initiated contact. "You're already a changed woman! Damn."

Phoenix's calm voice sounded through the room. "And she talked." Cass gasped at the new discovery. Everyone else in the room did their best to make it look as if they weren't paying any attention to us. I rolled my eyes and smacked Phoenix on the back of his head, shocking myself.

"Hey! I was simply telling the truth! No need to use violence." He was rubbing the back of his head while the rest of the room laughed at my scolding. Cass was doubled over with laughter.

"I was right! You are changed!" I rolled my eyes yet again and headed off towards the music room. I could hear Phoenix and Cass following me, Cass still laughing her head off.

Phoenix caught up with me quickly, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist to pull me to a stop. I turned my head to look at him, surprisingly not blushing. He had a worried expression on his face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." I furrowed my brows at his apology. I then realized that my sudden exit must have seemed upset on my part. I just smiled and shook my head, reassuring him that it was okay. He returned my smile with an even bigger one and opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Cass.

She cleared her throat and tapped Phoenix's shoulder. "Excuse me, Alpha; may I steal your mate for a moment?" I almost heard the air quotes around his title. He rolled his eyes and reluctantly let me go. Cass immediately took me by the hand and started dragging me up the stairs. We went up three floors and then took a sharp left before stopping in front of the door at the end of the hall.

"Welcome to my humble abode," was all she said before throwing her door open to reveal Ryan, Mike, and Kandi sprawled out across her bed, all on their phones. I shook my head at the scene. When we walked in, they all looked over at us and smiled.

"Day!" Ryan came rushing over, scooping me up into a huge bear hug. I squealed at the pressure, causing Kandi and Mike to laugh.

Mike shook his head. "Put her down before you kill her. You don't want an angry Alpha on your tail." Ryan laughed and put me down, allowing me to breath. I glared playfully at him before pushing him out of the way to hug both Mike and Kandi.

I was so happy to see my friends again. It had only been a couple hours since I last saw them, but it felt like days. They seemed to be the only things keeping me from going insane right now. They helped me clear my mind and stop worrying about my father.

The next few hours were spent laughing at Ryan's stupid jokes while the girls tried to do my hair. Mike just sat on the couch, chuckling at the crazy hair-dos Kandi would think of. I finally felt normal for once. I had a caring made, loving friends, and for now, I was free from my father. I couldn't help to feel ashamed, though. I abandoned my family. That was always frowned upon, no matter the circumstances.