22| Lion Blood

"Hate's as good a thing as any to keep a person going. Better than most."

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

"Do you know what your wife has done?" Cersei was standing alongside Robert, as the two of them looked upon the just waken man, Lord Stark. Cersei couldn't bare to even look at Robert, and Lord Stark was a sight for sore eyes as well.

Lord Stark breath was shaky and unsettled. "She did nothing I did not command."

"Who'd a thought she had it in her?" Robert was clearly indicating that he knew otherwise. Lord Stark was standing firm to his word. Cersei speaks from behind the two men. "By what right do you lay hands on my blood?"

"I am the King's Hand, keeping the peace..."

Cersei speaks again. "You were the King's hand." Simultaneously the two began to bicker. She gets the last word in. "You will now be held accountable..."

"Will you both just shut your mouths!" Robert yells at the top of his lungs. "Catelyn will release Tyrion, and you will make your peace with Jaime."

Lord Stark defends himself. "He butchered my men."

"Lord Stark was returning drunk from a brothel when his men attacked Jaime." Robert turns to her. "Quiet, woman."

"Jaime has fled the city. Give me leave to bring him back to justice." Lord Stark speaks from his bedridden state.

Silence fills the bedchambers, each person waiting for the other to say or do something. Cersei speaks first. "I took you for a King!" Even the deep hatred that filled her heart didn't stop the manipulation in her voice.

"Hold your tongue..."

She turns her gaze to Lord Stark. "He has attacked one of my brothers, and abducted the other. I should wear the armor, and you the gown." Robert turns to her, rage filling the features of his round face. Without a second warning, his hand flies around her face, echoing across the walls.

Cersei backs away, holding the side of her face. One deep breathe and she was composed again. "I shall wear this like a badge of honor."

"Wear it in silence, or I'll honor you again."

Shall it be those words fuel the death of this poor King.

*~*

Charlotte's POV

Anger is a strange thing. It comes out of nowhere, and it's extremely hard to contain. A blood boiling, fire consuming feeling as if a bomb went off in our stomach, and the words we say release the explosion. Nothing can describe the indesputable anger I felt towards my uncle at this very moment. I was right... My family is full of manipulative bastards. Jaime was the reason Lord Stark laid in a bed a few doors down, screaming in pain as he tried to take a step.