Chapter 23 - Edited

DEDICATED TO: nativajade For making an amazing cover! <3 thank you! Here's the chapter you have been all waiting for!!! :D

===== =======

I stood there frozen as his arms wrapped around my small waist. It was so unexpected. Yet, I didn't want to question it. This was what I wanted wasn't it? Another kiss from Max; the warm feeling that bubbled up inside of me whenever his long fingers touched my skin gently. I loved it, and I found myself becoming sort of addicted to it. There was only one other person I had shared this feeling with, but instead of him, I was thinking of Max. Max was someone else, someone better. It didn't matter that he wasn't my mate.

Max started to deepen the kiss, being the dominate one in this, and bit my bottom lip. I gave him what he wanted, parting my lips slightly, so that his tongue could slip into my mouth. My tongue entwined with his, and a burst of intensity shot between us. I let out a low moan into our kiss and groaned when my lips suddenly felt cold. I opened my eyes to see that Max had pulled away and was just standing there smiling down at me. This all reminded me of what went down that night we first kissed.

“Why is it that we always break apart too soon?” I whined, as he tugged me into his chest. He rested his chin on the top of my head, and I felt his chest rumble as he laughed.

“You want to kiss again?” I could picture the smirk that would be plastered on his handsome face.

I shook my head and sighed to contain all of the arousal that was oozing out of me. I looked up at him to see that his eyes showed disappointment from my response. Did he really want to go for another round? I smirked and shoved at his chest lightly to see his face better.

“Don't worry, my needy alpha, there will be more where that came from.” I said as I slowly ran my nails up and down his back. Max only groaned and looked me in the eye with his heavy lidded eyes.

His grip on my waist, that I had forgotten, tightened and soon I felt the bulge in his pants. It seemed to grow bigger as I started to push my hands beneath his shirt. Digging my nails into his skin, I moved my hands to his chest. I smiled as I traced his hard abdomen. When my hands started to go lower, I heard Max's breath hitch as mine did too. Just when I was about to touch his boxers underneath his jeans, rough hands suddenly stopped mine.

I looked up innocently as Max glared down at me with heated eyes, “What? Why did you want to stop? I just wanted to try-”

“Stop Mari, because unless you want me to take you on my desk over there, then you might want to pause those dirty thoughts of yours,” His remark only made me smirk. Where had this confidence suddenly come from?

“Oh, like you haven't been thinking dirty things of me before.” I said smugly and suddenly I was slammed against the wall. We were inches apart from each other, each breathing heavily. He growled warningly, bringing his luscious slightly bruised lips closer to mine, bruised because of our hot make out earlier.

Before his lips could come into contact with mine though, I expertly slipped out from his grasp. I almost sprinted to the other side of the room and relaxed on a couch that was there. I crossed my legs, not wanting to show off any goodies since I was wearing a skirt. It had been a long time since I wore something as flimsy as this. Probably a couple months ago. It had been the last time that Ray had taken me out on a date; when I was still 'in love' with him. I shuddered. Never again.