Chapter Sixteen

I didn't want to believe Charlie will be gone for good. I just got her back.

A tear rolled down her face as she shook her head in disbelief. "She decided to go off her meds thinking she didn't need it and that put her recovery in jeopardy" she looked at me with so much pain "I don't think she'll make it"

I hugged her hoping I was putting her at ease.

It was a rocky road when Charlie found out her mum was sick. There was more downs than ups but then it started to get better. Her mum was in recovery and she was said to make a full recovery if she continued going on her meds and fulfilled her requirements. Yet going off her meds wasn't good.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

After I said that a car beeped and I turned around and remembered Isabelle was still in the car. I turned around and focused my attention solely on Charlie.

"On Saturday" She looked down looking completely hopeless. 

Ever since the start Charlie's always been hopeful, yet now she looked completely torn apart.

"I'll pick you up Saturday before the flight" I said as she nodded before wiping her tears and saying a quick bye before slipping away.

"Do you want to stay at my house?" I asked.

"To my house please" Isabelle said avoiding my eyes andstared out the window tears brimming at her eyes.

When I was driving I often saw Isabelle crying and when I asked if she was ok I got the 'I'm fine just tired' excuse. I knew she was heartbroken. Even though she only went on one date with him she still liked Chase, don't know how. 

I pulled up in front of her house. "Do you want me to come in?" I asked

"No it's fine, you've done enough" Isabelle said tears sliding down her face.

I started up the car but heard my name being called.

"Oh and Ava, thank you" Isa whispered.

"Anytime" I said. I took one last look at my heartbroken friend and knew what needed to happen.

Scratch that no more ditching school it's time for payback.

××

I know a really short chapter but I promise the next one will be longer.
Remember to comment & vote.
- Ashley