chapter 21

SERENA POV

I heard some murmurs more like chanting of a spell. I smelled basils in air. My eyes were still closed so I tried to open them. But the moment I opened my eyes I closed it within that second due to the bright light which was above me. I tried to sit up as I lying on the floor. My eyes then got adjusted to the bright light and slowly everything came into my view.

The very first thing I saw was the candles that are lit encircling me. I looked and found two women who were chanting spells with their eyes closed. I turned around and saw an open window. It was dark outside I got up on my feet started walking towards the window. As soon as I tried to cross the circle of candles I hit my head to the invisible barrier.

Great! I thought sarcastically. I attempted few times to reach the window but all my efforts went in vain. I knew these witches in front of me were the reason for this barrier.

"Hello" I said trying to divert these witches attention. The candles flickered for a second but then it became stable.

"Can one of you tell me where I am exactly?" I asked but got no response.

I tried to distract them; few more times but these witches had a great focus on their spell. Since I lived with a witch friend I knew the spell they are chanting aren't any ordinary trap spell, they are up to something really big.

Suddenly the door opened and in came the nightmare.

He came in with a conquering smile on his face. His ocean blue eyes staring at me, no It's not Niklaus.

"Xavier" I said his name aloud.

"Serena" His voice matching my tone.

"How are you baby doll? It's really been a very long time and" he paused scanning me " and you have become even more beautiful. I must say this century suits you well."

"And you look like the same old ugly duckling." I spoke in return.

He let out a throaty laugh.

"You still amuse me Serena, I know you are very scared but nobody can tell that, not even me if I didn't know you well but still you stand so brave. I like that attitude." He taking few steps closer to the candles.

"What's with the rhyming threat ?" I stuck my hands into my denim pocket but couldn't find the letter. Damn! I must have dropped it somewhere.

"Did you like it? I thought it could add more effect. "He said turning his back to me.

"Off you go ladies. Thank you for your service." He said and those two women left the room.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you? What I need is not with you at this moment." He said pouring himself a drink still having his back towards me.

"Then why am I here?" I asked as I slowly walked towards the end of the circle. I waved my hand in the air,but didn't feel any barrier so vamp sped towards the window.

The moment I reached the window, next thing I realized was my body hitting the wall opposite the window.

I fell on the floor. He grabbed my hair very roughly and brought me close to his face .

"Don't take the advantage of my liberty. You think I am a fool to remove that barrier around you?" he yelled really loud.

"If I am being nice to you be nice to me or else" he paused and threw his hand in air. A wooden stake flew in the air and he caught it in his hand.

He pulled my hairs even tighter which let out a yelp from me.

"I am not known to be a nice person neither I intending to." He pushed that wooden stake into my stomach and pulled out. Before I could breath, he pushed the stake again into my stomach and threw me into the circle. The candles lit again when he started chanting.

Smoky mountain.....

Stefan walks back to camp back with Ray over his shoulders. The rest of the pack are lying on the ground dead. Stefan drops Ray on the ground in front of Klaus.

"They went rabid. Some of them, I killed. The others just...Bled out. In the end...They're all dead." Klaus yelled and threw the bottle of beer in his hand. He screamed at the sky.

"I did everything I was told!" He screamed again ,Regaining his composure." I should be able to turn them. I broke the curse. I killed a werewolf. I killed a vampire. I killed the doppelgänger."

Stefan from feet to feet.

" You look like hell." Klaus stated when he looked at Stefan

"Last I checked, I'm dying...and you don't want to heal me." Stefan said.

He saw Klaus looking down at Ray's body.

"I had to take him out. I didn't have a choice. I failed you. I'm sorry. Do what you have to do." Stefan said

" It should have worked." Klaus says.
Klaus turns around and takes an empty bottle of beer. He bites his hand, makes a fist, puts the blood draining from it in the bottle and holds the bottle out to Stefan.

"Bottoms up. We're leaving." Stefan takes the bottle.

"It appears you and Serena are the only comrade I have left."
Stefan drinks the blood from the bottle and throws it aside.

"Where is she?" They both asked in unison.

"She was with you." Stefan said stepping closer to Klaus.

"She left to find you." Klaus said.

"What did you do with her Klaus?" Stefan asked grabbing Klaus's collar.

Klaus grabbed Stefan's throat " I would never hurt her.." he spoke with anger.

"May be.. " Stefan tried speak but lacked air to breathe.

"We should find her." Klaus spoke leaving the hold on Stefan's neck.

They searched through the mountain but couldn't find her.

"I couldn't find her." Stefan said.

"Keep looking ." Klaus ordered.

Stefan walked through the woods and stopped . He picked the letter and was stunned.

"Klaus" he yelled.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked .

"I found a letter addressed to her." He gave the letter.

Klaus read the letter and crumbled it.

"Who the hell is Xavier?" Klaus screamed out loud.

***********************
Sorry for the mistakes..

Keep reading and keep voting...

Have a great day! ;)