The Mom

I've never been a big fan of make-up but mascara was a must. For some
odd reason, my eyelashes instead of growing outward like everyone else, slanted downwards, which would sometimes cause them to poke my eyes slightly.  It didn't help that my eyelashes were really thick too.

"Lessandra! You're already late for your study date." Said my dad, chuckling loudly.

"God forbid if I tell you anything ever again!" I shout back, clearly knowing that I'll be back interrupting him during his writing to tell him about everything.

"That's what you always say." Says my mom, making an effort to join. "That's what you want." I say, on my way to the door.

I shut the door before I could hear the rest.

Black V-neck, grey jeans and black on black Jordans, I let my dark locks open and wavy. I didn't want to be dressy since we were just going to the library plus I didn't even want to impress this nincompoop in the first place.

I parked my beetle half a block away because I knew exam season would have the library parking lot packed.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. It was a message from Elyas.

Library is packed –Elyas

Where do we go then? –Lessandra

Meet me at the parking lot –Elyas

I walk to the parking lot only to thank God that I parked a block away. Is that grilled chicken I smell? Sniffing hungrily I follow the sweet aroma slowly inhaling it and alas I find the owner.

A study group of University students camped outside their van were digging in and it seemed that if I didn't intervene in any given moment. That chicken wouldn't bless my watery mouth.

"Do you want some?" asked one of guys that were distributing plates.

I swallowed tasteless air and looked at the plate he was holding out to me.

"You. Come with me."

Is that the food speaking to me? I ask myself bewildered beyond belief.

Just when I was about to reach out my hand, something poked my back.

"Hey!" I turn around beyond annoyed.

Eylas

"Why are you accepting food from strangers?" He asks

"Haha you thought they were strangers?" I ask laughing.

"Hmm." He says lowly,turning around to walk away.

"Are you expecting me to follow you?" I say.

"We'll be going to my house." He states as if I've agreed to that.

"No." I stop in my tracks.

"My mom cooked grilled chicken." He says in the same low tranquil voice that I can't seem get enough of.

"My car or yours?" I ask as I quickly catch up him.

"We walk." And that was the last thing he said.

15 minutes of awkward silence. Yes I endured all that pain for one thing. I don't even have to say it.

"Is this where you live?" I ask wide-eyed taking in the beauty of his villa.

"Yes." He answered curtly while opening the front door.