The Text Message

I parked my little green Beetle in front of The Field's Contemporary Log House. The architecture of their beautiful villa never failed to make me stop and just admire it before rushing into Cara's room.

 Her parents were both well renowned architectures and you could clearly see why from the moment you enter their lavish home.

The Fields were one of my parent's best friends. During my dad's chemotherapy, they paid for all of our expenses.

 They didn't hold back in making sure I got everything I wanted, usually more than I needed. Their superfluous way of life was the opposite of what Cara's strict beliefs were based on. Austere to the bone, Cara not only disliked her parent's frivolous ways but also condemns it. She's usually the one who is constantly dragging us to charity campaigns or volunteer groups.

She met Carter while working at a Foster Care Centre, coincidentally they both share the same views. When he isn't at Football practice, you'll find him volunteering somewhere with his sidekick.

"And then what happened?" asked Jaida, while squeezing a small cushion.

I got off the bed and sat on her study table so that I could look at the three of them properly and narrate my juicy story.

"They didn't seem to hear the screech of my sneakers."

They all gave out a sigh of relief in unison. Jaida still didn't seem satisfied, "What are you going to do now?"

"I don't know."

"You can't just walk in on them and just stay quiet about it." Exclaimed Jaida in frustration.

"Yes I can" I replied sharply.

Cara got up and slung her arm around my shoulder reassuringly,

"Let's just congratulate her on ace-ing her Biology test and eat."

I snuggled closer to her, just hearing the word food made me feel all warm and tingly inside. I mean who needs a gorgeous elusive guy that makes you melt just from a languid whiff of his intoxicating cologne.

Who am I kidding?

After reassuring my friends that I was fine and full, I left because it was getting late. My dad was a pretty laid back guy but when it came to curfews, it was a different story. My mother has no say on anything that has to do with me

I rang the doorbell a couple of times but to no avail.

Ugh they're probably on another 'date'

I use my spare keys and noisily make my way to my room. It isn't "Elyas clean" but clean to the extent that doesn't piss me off. I'm an event planner so things always have to be just the way I like it or else I won't be at ease.

I plop down on my bed and just reassess what happened today at school.

Was that his girlfriend?

Sister?

He seemed so affectionate. He actually had an expression on his face that looked genuine.

He did smile at you once

Gradually a small smile involuntarily invades my face.

He called you a "Good Girl" and almost patted your head

The smile on my face slightly widens.

Almost as if you were a cute little puppy

Wait, that isn't cute at all. Wipe that abomination of a smile of yours off right this instant.

I feel a vibration coming from my pocket and take my phone out

3 words that made my heart flutter

Elyas: You aced it

It irks me how he just plainly states things that I already know yet my heart is in chaos.

Me: I know right? Why am I so smart?

Elyas: Thank God first.

Me: Alhamdulillah

I surprised him with a little bit of Arabic that I picked up from a podcast that I listened to. He didn't reply for a solid 5 minutes.

Elyas: Meet me at the Library in 5

****************************************

Thank you very much for reading my horrible story lol I decided on deleting this story because I felt discouraged but thanks to  I'll try to see this through.