Chapter 7

"And worship your Lord until there comes unto you the certainty(death)" ~~~ Qur'an.

Assalamualaikum.

Amaan's POV

Life is not a bed of roses.
And this is life...
The ups and downs, the storms, the winds, a full-fledged roller coaster ride it is.
A journey with no destination where the roads are not always suitable.
It did not give us happiness each and every time we fall, but it tells us to live for happiness.
To live for our beloved.
Live for the moment as if it will only last for the moment.

A sigh escapes my lips.

I can't see her crying, yet moaning for her loss each and every time she felt she is alone.
Dreading each and every time.
But how am I going to make her trust me that she is not alone anymore?
She has me...

And then I remembered last night.

ALHAMDULILLAH!!

Every time I prostrate in sujood for thanking Allah S.W.T that I was there with her last night, with my life, whilst she jerked up from sleep. Crying.

Nightmares!!

Sigh!!

I want to be there for her in every rough and tough time, bad or smooth, In sha Allah, for every time when she'll need me, for every time when she wants to soak my shirt with her tears, I'll be her embrace where she'll find calmness, I want to be her only home where she'll find peace.
Where I'll make her learn to live freèly again, to love again.
To love me!!

In sha Allah.
While walking back home my thoughts were again consumed by my beautiful wife.

I want that glint of pure happiness in her eyes, I want to see that enthusiasm in her again, I want her out from the world of gloom the place where she is dreading.
I despise the fact that it will take a while to hold on to her,
To make her comfortable around me, like a friend...

When I stepped into our room, I saw her reading Qur'an and she was about to close it whilst I want the other way round. I ask her to continue and I sat in front of her cross legs, whilst she read Surah Rahman for me.
It was the time it felt like she......, her eyes were carrying hundred of emotions in them.
The pool of pure and happy emotions which only glistened till the Surah ends making them void of emotions again.

A low sigh escapes my lips, seeing my wife in so much pain.

After closing the Qur'an, we both were seated there for some time, no one making the move to get up, both sitting in somewhat uncomfortable silence, having our own world in our heads.
I stood up and went to my bedside drawer to take out the gift I had bought for her before our wedding, only to get back on the place where I was seated before.
I held her left hand in mine to slid the diamond ring in her ring finger, which caused her to look up at me in confusion and a slight shock, that I held her hand without any notice.
'A...Amaan what is th..this for?, I'm sorry but this is t..too much',
She stammered hesitant making me sigh softly, didn't want to scare her devasted form.
'Zoha you are my wife, this is a wedding gift from a husband to his beautiful wife', I said taking her hand again in mine, her grip tight making me smile.
She nodded in response.

Zoha's POV

I nodded, not wanting to say anything as tears again threatening to fall.

'Let's go downstairs, mom may be awakened by now', he said standing and me following his action before a quick nod.

Before he could open the door, my fingers found its own accord and wrapped around his wrist.
How I used both my hands to get a tight hold on his wrist.
He looked at me confused and turned on his heels to face me.
Realising I was holding his hand, I loosen the hold and my hands were again to my sides, feeling cold.
'Thank you Amaan, for the last night', I said tears rolling down by now, slumping my head down and making him balled his hand into a fist.
Feeling too vulnerable, yet too weak for him to see me.
In the mere seconds, his one hand reached my shoulder and the other lifting my head up and then again settling on my shoulder, he spoke softly,
'I hate it when I see my wife's face wet with tears, it feels like I'm failing from the start when I'm not yet started,
You are my wife, it is my right and my duty, as you belong to me now. You have every right on me too, Zoha' he said caressing my cheeks with the back of his hand, sending shivers down my body.
Then he held me close, hugged me, calming me once again, once again he did his best for me.
However, my mind drifted to what he said,
I have every right on him?
But how?
When I'm not even what one would want a wife like.