Chapter 8

"And whoever holds firmly to Allah has (indeed) been guided to a Straight Path."

Assalamualaikum lovely people.
Here you go!!

Zoha's POV

My eyes flutter open from the heaviness I felt on my stomach, Amaan's arm was rested on my stomach and his face nuzzled into the crook of my neck.
The position we were in!!!!
Smiling, I thought of my life,
Allah S.W.T granted me.
Alhamdulillah!!
It's going to be two months of our being together.
At the initials, Amaan was too adamant to make me talk, at least a few words and after that month we are now on a friendly basis.
I'm trying my best to reciprocate the feelings but it is difficult and after knowing the person known as my husband is giving his total best into the relation, I feel so brutal and rude towards him.
But I'm trying.....
Whenever he saw me sitting and gazing into oblivion, he understands that I'm losing myself into the thoughts I shouldn't be worrying about too much, his words not mine.
He had said that I should not think too much and that he is happy that I'm at least trying and that we should have Tawakkal* on Allah Azza Wa Jal.
I'm now getting more comfortable with Amaan by each passing day.
But when I think of him...
After mom and dad, he should be there.....
He should be with me.
I sighed!!
How it would be like if Zidan was here with me.
Where are you Zidan?
It's going to be three years now.
How could you forget me?
How could you forget us?
Our relation wasn't this simple to be forgotten.
Or was it for you?
I'd pray for you to Allah S.W.T to keep you safe where ever you are.

I did not went to my house for the whole two months now
I'm scared, if I'll go there then everything will again come back to me. The old memories!!
I'm scared.... but yet I want to go.
I miss my home.
I miss you, Zidan.
I miss your embrace.

A heavy sigh escaped my mouth.

My reverie of thoughts broke when my mobile started vibrating indicating the time for Tahajjud.
We are not regular on praying Salat-ul-Tahajjud but we are trying. I had set an alarm and whenever I get up we pray Tahajjud together.
It's the most peaceful and beautiful time for me to make Duà and thank my Lord as he descends to the lowest of skies to see if any of his servants are awake and sacrifising their sleep just to pray to their Lord.

The best thing is whenever I get up before Amaan I always end up messing with his hairs.
I rummaged his hairs gently.
'Aaahh..... Zoha, don't do that', he whined in his sleep and turn his head to the other side.
Chuckling, I started doing that again making him groan again.
'Zoha please....',
'Get up, let's pray Tahajjud', I said, getting up from the bed, only after struggling to lift Amaan's arm up from me. After some more struggle, he got up too.

After praying Tahajjud with my husband together, we both remain seated there in our own bubble of thoughts, in a comfortable silence. Hearing Fajr call he stood up saying he will be back soon, in sha Allah and he went to the mosque for praying Fajr Salah.
And I stood up for praying mine.

We both had started our work after twenty days of our wedding.
I had started my work back only after asking Aunt Farah if there isn't any problem and she being the sweetheart she told me that this was not even the question to be asked.

The way these people treat me, like their own family member, like it was meant to be this way only as if I had lived here always and loved by them always.
They make me think about what I have done to have them as my family.
Alhamdulillah.
Indeed, Allah is with everyone!!

I'm very grateful to Allah S.W.T that He had given me Amaan on my side, my nightmares are now lessening with the time only because of his love and care, I have started to embrace every happiness I'm greeting in every second of my life.
Aunt Farah is a totally different story to tell.
It is more like Amaan is her son in law and me well...... I'm her daughter.
If I'll end up saying Alhamdulillah countless of times that will also seem too tiny as compared to what Allah has bestowed me with.
Alhamdulillah!!