Chapter 24

"When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable."

― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

Adam's POV

"Janine? Look I'm very sorry" I knocked and rang her door bell simultaneously. I'm doing this for the nth time but she wasn't responding. Suddenly, I saw something that made me very curious. It looks like a dial pad.

I applied the first digits that came to my mind -- her birth date. DAMN!! It's wrong! I tried several numbers but it gave me no success. I tried my last attempt but before doing so, I looked at the passcode intently, then I saw a blurry password hint just above the numbers.

Passcode hint: HIM

Him? What does that mean? Who is he referring to? Since everything is in numbers, I tried Blythe's name in digits. I took my phone out and looked at the numbers on my dial pad.

259843

Those numbers contain the letters of Blythe's name but it's incorrect. I tried Carl's name.

2275

Wrong! Then, a dialogue box appeared notifying me that I have 3 attempts left before it'll gonna be locked for 5 mins.

I tried her brother's name but it's wrong. I decided that my second to the last attempt would be the word Papa but just like the other ones, it's very incorrect. I have my last lock and may God bless me with this.

I took a deep breath and pressed the numbers 

2

3

2

6

I waited a bit while the machine processed the pin. Not long after that, a green light appeared and I heard the lock released.

I quickly went inside but it seems like no one's around.

"Janine!" I shouted "Janine!"

I went to the kitchen but I found no one. I looked for her everywhere but I found no trace of her.

"Heavens, where is this woman?" I placed my weight on the couch. Why did she leave? Why? Did I really hurt her that much to the point that she'll ran away? 

For fuck's sake, I can't bear to loose her.

I looked at my watch and realized that I should be packing for my trip but here I am, finding the woman I care the most.

Think, Adam, think!

Out of nowhere, an idea hit me. I ran out of the door and made sure that it's lock before I left. I made my way to the elevator and went to the receptionist.

Maybe she could help me, knowing this condo is owned by the Conson's. I cleared my throat to get the lady's attention.

"How may I help you, Sir?" She asked flirtatiously.

"I'm looking for a woman named Janine Conson?" I saw her pale at Janine's name "What is her unit number and is she there?" I asked

"I.... Ugghh.. May I know who you are, Sir?"

"I am Dimitri. Janine Conson's fiancé" I frowned when I saw her eyes almost pop out.

"As... As what I've.... I've known, she left an hour ago"