Chapter 28

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."

 ― Nicole Krauss, The History of Love  

I could feel his lips on mine and I pushed him back, not wanting to kiss him early in the morning.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly and I just shook my head as I reached for a fistful of sheets.

"Morning breath," I squeaked when I covered my mouth

"Haven't I told you before that I don't care about that? I want you and not even a morning breath can stop me," he said, throwing the sheets away from my hands.

He bent down to kiss me but I covered my mouth with my hands, just on time.

"You leave me with no choice but this," he said as his hands found their way to my waist.

I gasped as he started tickling me.

"No!!! No tickling!! Please," I shouted while still covering my mouth

"Please!!! No, no!!! No!!! Don't!!! Stop!!!!!!"

"Baby, did I just hear the words 'don't stop'?" He asked with a quirk on his lips

"Adaamm!!! Stopppp!!! No, no!!! Adam! Stop tickling!! Adam!" I shouted

"Stop shouting babe. It's still too early. We'll have to wait more for the moon to rise but if you insist, well..." He looked at me maliciously.

"You pervert!" I removed my hands on my mouth and pushed his hands away. I was suddenly met with his lips. I tried to keep my mouth shut but my wanton body did no good.

My hands found their way to his hair and my thighs were drawn to his hips. I could feel his erection poking on me.

"Wee.... Need.... To... Stop" I stammered

"Give me 5 VALID reasons" he stated as he made his way to the crook of my shoulder and neck.

"I can't think of any reasons so nevermind what I said. Don't stop," I laughed

"That's my girl," he smirked as he savored one of my apexes but I pushed him away and I sprinted to the bathroom.

I went to the toilet and vomitted all the contents of my stomach. I felt my hair being drawn and raised up as I gagged and disgorged every food I took last night.

"You okay?" He asked worriedly as he placed his huge hand at my back and draw circles there.

"Ye-" I wasn't able to finish my reply when I felt my stomach hurled and I vomited again.

When I feel like I have nothing to throw up already, he dropped my hair at my back and wiped the sides of my mouth with a bathroom tissue.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He asked sincerely.

"I don't know what happened but I guess I'm okay now" I smiled to him "Thank you," I added

"Anything for you love," he kissed my hair and hugged me.

Why does this man keeps on kissing and hugging me lately?

"I think I should cook you a hot soup," he stated "I'm sure there's nothing left to digest. You just threw up everything you ate," he chuckled "Come," he pulled my wrist and guided me to the door.

"I think we should dress first," I said and realized that he already had his boxers on. "I mean, I think I should dress" I picked up my underwear "Can you turn your back?"

"Why? I have seen every skin of your body," he frowned.

I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks.

"It's awkward" I blabbed and he just laughed while he turned his back. I quickly picked up my lingerie and put it back on.

"Can I borrow your shirt?" I asked when I couldn't find a clothing to wear.

"Yeah sure. No problem," he replied. I swiftly buttoned up his shirt and looked at him but my eyes caught his brown ones on the mirror.

"You! What the-" I can't believe I let him turn around for nothing!

"You said to turn around so I did but I came face to face with the mirror and my eyes were glued to you" he smirked

"I don't care" I sighed and opened the door.

I heard his laugh as I made my way to the dog room.

"Hey boy. Zwalter's your name and catching's your game," I said to the dog.

I looked around the room and smiled. Adam did a good job.

"You must be hungry huh? By the way, I'm Janine" I smiled at him and caressed his fur.

I stood up and got the dog food laid beside the table.

I placed a good amount for Zwalter and gave it to him. He immediately ate it and I left his water there. I looked at my baby and smiled after he finished his food.

"Wow. You're a good boy Zwalter! Your bowl is empty!" I gushed and I received a cute bark in response. He drank his water and ran to the open door.

Oops, I forgot to close the door! I ran to look for him and gladly, he's in front of the stairs.

"You wanna go down?" I asked and he just looked down at the stairs.

"I'll take that as a yes" I walked to him and carried him.

I was on the second to the last stair when the smell of food hit my nostrils. I quickly placed Zwalter down and went to the nearest bathroom.

I thought I won't throw up anymore but here I am gagging the remaining contents of my stomach.

"Babe? You okay?" I heard him as he entered the bathroom. He immediately gathered and raised my hair again.

He rubbed circles on my back while saying comforting words to me.

I coughed and my vision is a little blurry. I could feel my unshed tears due to gagging.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked as soon as our eyes met.

"I'm not. Maybe it's due to the gagging," I replied, wiping my mouth

"Did you eat something bad yesterday?" He asked

"No. I ate a good dinner yesterday"

"Then why are you throwing up?" He placed his hand on my forehead "You're not running a fever either"

"I'm feeling well okay? It's just that whenever I smell food, I feel like throwing up," I said

"Do you feel anything?" He asked

"Nauseous and tired" I admitted

"Tired? You just got off the bed" he sighed "How about we eat our breakfast first then you can rest after that. I'll be the one to walk Zwalter"

"I'm sorry but I don't feel like eating right now," I confessed

"You should eat, babe. I don't want you to be thin,"

"I don't feel like eating," I pouted "Please. I want to rest," I pleaded "You should get going. You still need to fly"

"Fine. You don't want to eat, then don't," he carried me in a bridal style then we made our way to the room. To my surprise, he didn't lay me on the bed but he placed me inside my tub.

"Why am I in my tub?" I asked him

"We need to save water. We need to take a bath so why not do it together? To save water and so that the people will be happy forever" he laughed "I want to scrub you" he said and I looked into his eyes that held some mischief in them.

"Then, what are you waiting for?" I smirked