Chapter 26

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever"

 ― Nicholas Sparks  

"Really?" Doubtful eyes stared back at me.

"I mean... Errr.."

She raised her brow and looked at me intensely.

"Pfftt.. Fine. I am. I am in love"

"To who?" She teasingly replied

"Mom," I threatened

"To who?"

"Adam"

Then she her lips formed a very huge grin.

~~~

"Do you really have to go? You can sleep here," my mom asked me

"I want to rest in my comfort zone. I need to go," I smiled at them.

"Just let her go, honey. Maybe she's already tired," my dad said

"Don't worry. I'll find sometime to visit here," I assured them

"Okay. Be careful," my mom sadly said.

"Cheer up, Mama. I don't want you to be sad. I'll visit soon"

"Don't worry about her, honey. She's a grown up woman already," Dad said

"Papa, can I ask you a favor?" I asked

"Yes, hija. What is it?" He took a step forward and worried eyes looked at me.

"Is everything okay?"

"Don't make Mama sad. Cheer her up," I wiggled my eyebrows and grinned like there's no tomorrow.

Right then and there, I saw his eyes lit up.

"Sure!" He shouted and retreated back to his wife. "Come, honey, we'll have some games to play," he whispered loudly, enough for me to hear.

"Paulito!" Mama reprimanded

"I think you should go upstairs before you'll get very horny," I laughed

"Janine!" She shouted as Papa pulled her wrist, going inside the house

"Be a good and naughty vixen, Mama!" I shouted

I looked at their retreating form and sighed. How can they manage to last long? I sighed as I turned to face my newest baby, a Mini Cooper. I unlocked the door and slipped my way inside. I turned the car and drove my way back to my condo.

Minutes later, I arrived there and left my things inside my new car. I made my way to my unit. I looked at the passcode and pressed the pin.

2326

I waited as the machine turned to green, giving me access to my place. I banged the door close and exhaled as tiredness took it's way to my body. I looked at the wall clock and realized it's 2:58 in the morning. I took my first step inside when I saw rose petals trailing their way upstairs.

What the? What is this? What is going on here?

"Hello?" I shouted but no response came. I followed the red petals upstairs. When I reached the second floor, I looked at the trail of petals as I realized that they are leading to my room. I tried to walk silently but my stilettos won't obey, they're heels clicking on the floor.

I knocked at the door.

Wait, why am I even knocking? Boy, I'm so dumb.

I held the door knob and slowly opened it as a party popper surprised me. I looked at the pieces flying everywhere. This will surely make a  mess to my room. Whoever did this needs to pay.