Chapter VII

Edited

Waking up on a normal morning, seeing the sun shining and perceives through my window, I got up and walked towards my window and shut the curtains to block the sun from shining. I got back to my bed to let my sleeping time proceed as my alarm clock suddenly rings, making me instantly awake and annoyed by the sound, almost giving me a heart attack by hearing it.

I pressed the snooze button of the alarm clock and glanced at the time. My eye widened when I saw the time, I suddenly realized that it was Thursday today. I suddenly stood up from my bed, slipped on my slippers, grabbed a towel and walked inside my bathroom to have a shower.

I have one more day before my suffering ends and I can't wait for it to be Friday already.

Once I was done taking a shower, I selected the clothes that I'll be wearing to school today. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a huge hoodie. Wearing hoodies in the middle of the summer is totally a crime and I can't believe I am committing one. I went downstairs after dressing up, to go grab myself something to eat on the way to school.

I grabbed an apple then grabbed my bag that was sitting on our living room couch. I grabbed the keys that were hanging on our wall beside the door and shouted, "Mom, I'm leaving for school!"

I hear my mom shout back, "Alright, take care!"

I got in my car and put the key into the ignition and started driving my way to school.

20 minutes later, I arrived at our school grounds. I found a parking spot near the entrance of the school and parked before someone steals it again from me. I got out and locked the doors before leaving my car to enter the school.

I rushed towards my locker and entered the combination. I grabbed the books and notebooks that I'll be needing for today's class, suddenly, I hear the bell ringing, it was time for class to start. I start searching for my ICT book but I can't seem to find it.

I searched the top of my locker but there were no books there and I searched the very back of the bottom of my locker but it still wasn't there. 5 minutes after searching, I found it and then, the tardy bell starts ringing. My heart starts to pound and I can feel my body shaking, I was late. I can't believe I was late.

I walked towards my respective room and peeked at the window of the door. Mr. Ford is already discussing as I took a deep breath and all the courage to open the door. I opened it and all eyes were set on me as Mr. Ford stops discussing and looks at me as well, "You're 3 minutes late."

"I know and I'm sorry. It's just my alarm clock didn't ring the first time and the last ring of my alarm clock was at 6:45 and then that's when I realized that I was about to be late so I rushed—"

"Ms. Whoever you are, just please take a seat and open your textbook to page 255," He says as I gulped down the lump that was stuck on my throat as I nodded my head.

I walked towards my seat as I placed my bag on the floor, grabbing my book inside my bag. I grabbed a highlighter inside my pencil case as my thoughts suddenly drown with Mr. Ford's discussion.

***

It was break time and I stepped out of Ancient History class as I walked towards my locker to return the books and notebooks that I have used. Someone tugs the hood of my hoodie behind as I turn around and saw Amelia smiling at me.

"So, have you thought about it?" She asks as I gave her a questioning look. I turned around and arranged the books and notebooks inside my locker. I see Amelia from the corner of my eye appear beside me, making me look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"About the party!" She says as I sigh. I shrugged my shoulders and make a pouty face. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could, she shushed me as she placed an index finger on my mouth.

"Just think about going and not about the things that are hindering you from going."

I closed my locker and we started walking towards the cafeteria. The cafeteria doors opened as hungry students continue to fill in the room, I was about to open the door but instead, it was pushed before I could and my face was an inch away from Cayden's face. My eyes widen when I saw him--he looked so mad and he looks like he was about to kill someone.