Chapter XXIV

It's already 2 AM in the midnight and we're still here, watching the stars as we tell each other both of our stories. I still have trust issues at this moment but, Cayden makes me feel at ease with his words.

And little by little, I'm quite convinced and ready to tell him everything about what has happened in my life for the past few years. What is happening in my life right now, why I moved, why I got so depressed and every single detail about me.

I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. I just love the fact of looking into someone's eyes, it's like you're seeing a whole new different person but you can only see it yourself and not other people.

"My dad died when I was 7 or 8 years old, I really don't remember much. But, until now, I'm still mourning his death and the fact that I still can't move on depresses me so much," I said. I wanted to cry but, will he be the one who's going to wipe all of the tears away?

My phone suddenly vibrates and rings at the same time. I then took my phone from the pocket of my jeans and saw a new message. I swiped my phone to unlock it and saw that my mom left a message for me, saying that she's worried and that I need to come home.

"What is it?" He asked as I looked at the phone and looked up to Cayden, I was about to open my mouth to speak but Cayden cuts me off, "Is it your mom?" He asked and I nodded.

"She wants me to come home now because she's worried," I said, I then sat, crossing both of my legs as I type on my phone to send my mom a message saying that I'll be coming home and that she needs to stop worrying about me.

"Oh, is that so? Well, come on. Let's get going," He said, he then stood up from the picnic mat and lend his right arm at me, I looked at it and grabbed it, standing on the picnic mat as well. I then rolled the picnic mat and we both walked back towards his car.

As we were walking back, he tends to steal glances at me. He suddenly holds my hand out of nowhere and intertwines it with his, he then looks at me and I can see that he's smiling. I looked at him and started chuckling to myself.

"What's so funny?" He asked, I then looked at him and smiled. He looks at me with sparkling, happy eyes that I don't want to stop staring at.

"Nothing," I said. We then both reached his car and hopped in, he started the engine and reversed the car to get back on the long road back home and out of nowhere as I watch the stars and the wind blows my hair, I yawned.

"You look tired though, get some rest. This drive will take a while," He said as he looks at me and back to the road again, I then nodded my head and sat comfortably on the passenger seat and fell asleep.

I hope this is not a heck of a dream.

***

I woke up because of the annoying sound that my alarm's making. I squint and rubbed my eyes at the same time and realized that I'm inside my bedroom. I looked around my bedroom and nothing has changed as if nothing happened last night.

Probably it was just a dream.

I remove my covers and noticed that I'm wearing my clothes from last night, Oversized hoodie and Skinny Jeans. A sudden smile deforms and creeps its way to my face and I just smiled at the fact of what happened last night was indeed real.

I hopped out of my bed, ever so lightly. I fixed my bed without a rush and looked at my clock and my eyes suddenly widen when I saw that it was already quarter past 7 which means I only have 35 minutes to take a bath, get dress, eat breakfast then leave for school.