Chapter LVII

{Dedicated to @tic_tac_toe_ I can't put your name to the dedication. I don't know why}

Trevor.

The guy who killed my dad and my grandmother, seeking revenge because my dad stole Trevor's wife's heart. Now, all Trevor wants is the rest of my dad's family, which includes me, to be dead. It takes lots of lives to be at stake in exchange for his wife's heart.

I could feel my body tensed by the sharp edge of the knife that is swiftly moving up and down behind me. Trevor's strong grip around my neck is making me ran out of oxygen to breathe as if he is nearly choking me. I swallowed my own saliva, telling my brain "it's going to be fine" all over again.

"What do you want?" I said as I try not to stay still in my position, even though I can already feel myself falling on the floor because of how uncomfortable I am and that, both of my knees are starting to hurt.

"Simple. I want you all dead," Trevor said as I let a sigh escape my mouth. I keep repeating the words inside my head, hoping that this is just a nightmare and I am about to wake up any minute now.

It's going to be fine, It's going to be fine, It's going to be fine. It's not going to be fine.

I closed my eyes and forcefully opened them. This is not a nightmare, this is the reality. "You thought you could keep on running away from me? You and your mother are stupid pieces of shit," Trevor said as I felt the muscles from my body tensed.

I feel that the knife is gone and was suddenly replaced by a gun. "I'm ready to shoot," He said in a sing-song tone. "Are you ready to say bye-bye to your life?" Trevor says as if he was just talking to a baby with the tonality of his voice.

"I'll be pulling the trigger, be ready in 3," Trevor says, "2..." I can't believe this is the end point of my life, "1..." I regret everything that I have said to Cayden.

I closed my eyes forcefully and suddenly, I hear a phone ring. I open my eyes as I hear Trevor groan. It's my phone that's ringing, it could be Amelia. I told her to call me once she arrived, maybe she's already here.

Oh, dear god.

Soon, I hear knocking on our front door. "Hailey!" Amelia shouts.

"You scream, I'll pull the fucking trigger and I'll watch you die, slowly," Trevor warns me as I kept my mouth shut. My vision starts to blur because of the tears that are starting to pool my eyes.

"Just please, let me go," I whisper to Trevor as the tears have finally escaped my eyes as I begged Trevor to leave me alone and my mother.

"Hailey!" I hear Amelia shouting again, "I'm coming in!" Amelia shouts and my eyes suddenly widen. I forgot that my front door was unlocked and it's a good thing that it is. "Where are you?" Amelia shouts again.

"Oh shit. Why didn't you lock the front door, you shit head," Trevor hissed as he starts moving slowly as his grip is starting to tighten each step he takes along with me. I hear footsteps about to enter the kitchen. "Fuck."

Trevor whispered again. He takes another step on the kitchen island and he suddenly removes his arm around my neck, bending on the floor as he hides. If I could just run away right now, but I can't. I could feel his gun pointing the back of my leg.

"Hailey. There you are, I've been calling you and shouting your name, but you didn't even think of shouting back or answering my call?" Amelia said as she leans on the wall in the entrance of the kitchen.

Help me! I mouthed her as she plasters a questioning look on her face. When she was about to speak up, I bring my hands to my face, pretending to scratch. My index finger is in my mouth, telling her to be quiet.