Chapter XVIII

I watch Amelia as she drowns herself in a bucket of ice cream and I cringe at the thought of her screaming and throwing things, my things, in the air because of the heartbreak she is now going through.

"Why do guys suck and play with your emotions?" She asked as I shrugged by answering her question because even though I experience multiple heartbreaks, I still can't search the right reason because I am a sucker for love myself.

Amelia looked at me as I try to contain myself from laughing just by seeing the dry black mascara that has rolled down her eyelashes and was now tinted on her face, making her look like a raccoon, "I really thought he had feelings for me."

Maybe one of the reasons why we go through heartbreaks is mainly because we expected something back from the person who we admire. We assume stuff and to be honest, it's not their fault, it's ours... for expecting.

"Why does it hurt so much?!" She raises her voice as she continues to cry and shove a spoonful of chocolate chip ice cream on her mouth, chewing it as if she was chewing her feelings away.

I grab the bucket of ice cream from her and placed it on my nightstand. She looked at me and I gave her a serious look as I sigh, "You need to stop being so dramatic," I say.

"I know that it hurts right now but we both know that pain will pass. Don't do stuff that will add up to that pain, most likely, stop feeding your heartbreak by a shit-ton a bucket of ice cream! That's so unhealthy!" I added as she stops crying and blinks her eyes instead and nods her head.

I watch her as the seriousness on my face never left. She swallows the ice cream she was chewing and says, "I'm sorry. I just need it."

"I know that because I've been through that before and honestly, it does help but you're not helping yourself either by letting the pain consume you more by doing completely nothing," I say and she nods her head.

"I agree with you."

I believe in those kinds of stuff that feeding yourself with lots of junk food while you are going through a heartbreak does not really help. It does help you, for a bit but not entirely.

I stood up and looked down at Amelia then, I extended my hand for her to grab and then I helped her stand up. "Let's watch some comedy instead and eat something healthier," I say.

"How about we watch something romantic and then order some pizza?" Amelia says. I plaster my serious face again, "Come on, one last junk food!" She pleaded.

"Fine," I said as I rolled my eyes and she claps her hand. "Oh and please wash that mascara off of your face. You look like a raccoon."

I said as Amelia walks straight into the bathroom as I grab my phone on the nightstand to order some pizza for dinner. Pizza for dinner is actually great, I'm not gonna lie but I told myself that starting from now on, I would lessen the junk food and more on eating healthier.

But I guess I'm about to break that rule for the thousandth time or maybe I should just stop kidding myself by starting eating healthy. I can do that when I reach my mid-twenties instead.

I grabbed the bucket of ice cream on my nightstand and went downstairs to placed the ice cream back in the refrigerator then entered the living room to prepare the movie that we are about to watch.

"Hailey," I hear my mom scream my name from upstairs. "Come up here," She says as I roll my eyes at the fact that I just sat down for just a second before she starts calling my name.

I went into her bedroom and stare at the black dress she was wearing, "What do you think?" She asks as she spins around slowly then smiles at me.

"Did you seriously just call me up here to ask for my opinion about that dress?" I asked as I pointed at the dress. She looks down at the dress she was wearing and then looked at me.