Chapter XIX

Chapter XIX

"Pick your battles. You don't have to show up to every argument you're invited to."

-Mandy Hale

Estal panted as he watched Darrin, Garroth, and Caleb vault over the side of the tower. He was certain they were going to break something, but the sickening crack. He leaned over and saw them running perfectly fine over to where Timothy, Troy, and Leyna were.

It was all so confusing. Sure, he probably should have seen the signs. How could he not tell they were faking? He usually was good at pointing out spies within his midst, but he failed this time.

Without thinking, he put one hand on the edge of the tower and jumped. He heard Fai and the others screaming at him, but he ignored them completely. Before he could hit the ground, he pulled out one of his guns and shot at the arch hanging over the fight. A grappling hook and rope shot out, latching onto the bricks. He hung over them for a bit, attempting to hear their conversations.

"You get Netflix down here, Xezal?"

"And Crunchyroll, but that isn't the point of the battle, Sanosuke."

Estal was confused o the nickname, because it sounded foreign, and certainly didn't belong to Timothy.

"Tim!"

"I assume you know who this guy is, Garroth?"

"Xezal, one of Lucifer's servants. He was imprisoned when he was an angel due to bad behavior. The cuffs around his wrists are indestructible, and cannot be taken off."

Estal frowned. Great, we have one of these guys he thought glumly.

"This just got even more complicated."

"Why in the Hell did you hurt Timothy and Megan?"

Xezal smirked. "Oh, you didn't know?"

"Know what?"

Laughter. "This is too rich!"

"I suggest you get ready, the others are coming, and they won't go easy on you."

Xezal vanished, and in his place was Lilith with a new Demon, who Estal assumed was powerful, judging by the aura of power flowing off of him. He had darker skin with eyebrows that seemed to be set in a permanent furrow. His eyes were dark and he had a larger nose. His lips were a pink color, and were pressed into a thin line as he surveyed his opponents. He had dark hair that was spiked up, and he ran a hand through it, smirking. "This shouldn't be too hard, eh, Lilith?"

Lilith nodded as she surveyed the group. Estal looked up at the attack team and saw them getting prepared to move in, so he did the same. Michal looked up at him and mouthed 'Wait for my signal'. Estal nodded, and watched.

Michal moved his hand, signalling for them to go, and they all jumped in. Estal pulled out his main pistol and cocked it, prepared to fight. He landed easily on the ground next to Timothy, who didn't even flinch. Estal looked up. "Who are you?"

The man smirked, again. "Names Ezekiel, what's yours, Elf?"

"Estal."

"Wait, like the Elf Prince, Estal?"

"That'd be the one." Estal said, shuffling the pistol around in his hand.

Ezekiel frowned. "We can't kill him, Lilith. We need the elves to trust us."