Part Six: Just A Little Too Late

Part Six

---

Song For The Chapter:

You Found Me by The Fray

"Where were you when everything was falling apart? All my days were spent by the telephone that never rang."

"Lost and insecure you found me, you found me. Lyin' on the floor, surrounded, surrounded. Why'd you have to wait? Where were you? Where were you? Just a little late, you found me, you found me."

"In the end everyone ends up alone. Losing her, the only one who's ever known who I am, who I'm not, who I wanna be..."

This songs is just amazing; it describes this story and everything like yes pls, if you've never heard it, I suggest you do.

---

-Celeste's Point Of View-

I sat on one of the stools behind the soundboard, next to one fo the sound engineers. The music around us continued getting louder as the speakers were being assembled and the sound engineer fixed the sound on them. I didn't try to help because he specifically told me to not mess with anything.

"Hey, Cel, the band on stage needs help with the microphones--do you mind helping them?" I got up and headed to the stage, jumping onto it and connecting and assembeling microphones.

I finished setting them up and walked back to the osundboard to watch Ben adjust all the small knobs. I sat on the stool and leaned up on the back support of it crossing my arms over my chest. Children ran around, weaving in and ouit of the seats of the audience. The band on stage did their microphone checks and Ben did last minute adjustments.

"Hey, you okay?" He looked back to where I was sitting.

I blinked a few times before answering him, "Not really, It'll be okay though."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He finished fixing last minute things and pulled a stool closer to me.

"No, its okay." I messed with the "tribal" ring on my pinky, "its stupid things--just stupid teenage drama."

He nodded and he broke out into a smile, nudging my shoulder, "Is it a boy? Does little Celeste have a boyfriend?" He teased, nudging my shoulder again, but harder this time.

I chuckled and shook my head, "No, I've been told I'm unlikable and that everyone hates me, I doubt I'm having boy troubles."

HIs eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head, "No, those people are stupid, don't listen to them; you are an amazing person, they just don't dream big."

He patted my back in assurance, I slightly smiled at him, "If you need to talk to someone, just talk to me." I nodded and got off the stool.

"I'll be back." I pointed to where my dad was.

I walked away, and stood next to him until he finished his conversation. The person next to him walked away, and it was my cue to speak.

"Do you need me here or..." I traiiled off as I messed with my hands.

"I don't think so, you have the night off if yoiu want." I nodded and gave him a quick hug. "You okay?" He asked, I simply nodded.

He gave me a look before nodding and waving me off. I walked back near the soundboard to a small three person table. I rested my chin on my hand and looked straight ahead; I was bored, and all I wanted to do was go home and fall asleep. I took my phone and scrolled thru old Twitter news, it was the usual: partying, being bored, and other stupid posts.