Part Fourteen: I Don't Fight To Lose

___

Song For The Chapter:

Don't Want To Dance Aloneby Fifth Harmony

Like We Use Toby A Rocket To The Moon

Crazier by Taylor Swift

Kiss Me by The Fray

All Around Meby Flyleaf

You Found Me by The Fray

Bulletproof Loveby Pierce The Veil

A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope

-Celeste's Point Of View-

I stood in front of the full length mirror in my bedroom looking over any last minute details about my apperance. Everything seemed fine: my hair was pin straight (just the way I wanted), my make-up was the way I wanted, and my dress seemed fine. Despite everything I had ever thought about going to prom, deep down inside I was glad I was going. Now that I saw my relefction I was happy that my friends had pushed me towards going. Though everything had been done last minute, I was glad with the outcome. My dress wasn't my dream dress, considering I didn't know what my dream dress was, but it was definatly something that had caught my attention.

It was a deep darkish red dress that I had found at a special event store, and had fallen in love with when I saw it. It wasn't tight, instead it flowed out once it got to my waist. The dress flowed down just above my knees and the top was strapless which showed my tattoo that wasn't often shown off. The chest part was embelished with sequins and small ringstones that went to the back of the dress. The accessories I had gotten for it were also simple like the dress. I had bought some dark red heals - which I had to be careful with since I never wore heals - and a simple black necklace that I thought would match it.

After doing last minute revisions for the hundreth time, I grabbed my small bag that consisted of lip balm, my phone, money, and my drivers licesnse just in case. I turned off my lights and walked into the living room where my family was waiting for me.

They all sat on the couches waiting for me to enter the room, and when I did, my sister-in-law walked over and applied more hairspray to my hair.

"There," She put the bottle back down, "I think you'll hair will be ok." She gave me a small hug and walked back to her seat.

"You look different." My brother slowly said.

"Is that good or bad?" I asked, not sure by what he meant. Different wasn't always good.

"A good different. You're growing up." I smiled and walked towards the front of the living room.

"How does it look?" I asked. I spun around once and let them see the dress fully before stopping and standing still again.

My siblings gave me a thumbs up and a smile, while both my parents nodded.

"You look great." My mom said and looked up at the clock above the door. "What time are you leaving?"

It was almost seven which meant the whole event would be starting soon, but I didn't mind being late. My friends and I had agreed to meet up inside the venue since they had all gotten their last minute dates, unlike me.

"I'm going to leave now, it'll probably take a while to get there." I grabbed my keys from the key rack and waved good-bye to everyone in the living room.