Part Twelve: I Have A Secret Place

___

Song For The Chapter:

Jolene (Cover) by Miley Cyrus

Jolene by Dolly Parton

___

-Celeste's Point Of View-

When I woke up the next morning, Austin was no longer sleeping on the floor, and all the blankets were neatly folded and placed at the end of my bed again. He probably went home to get ready considering there was school today.

Instead of laying in bed, hating life like I usually would, I got up and took a shower. After tossing and turning last night, unable to sleep, I started thinking into depth about things. How people don't always last, and how you have to embrace the moment, and take what you can from it. I realized that while I sat here and completely hated everything, people out there were enjoying their lives, and living in the moment. I didn't want to spend my whole life like that; I didn't want to regret not having spent time with my family, friends, and the people that truly mattered. It would take a while, but I would have to start looking at life differently.

So, instead of completely skipping breakfast, and ignoring my family like I usually would, I sat with them in the kitchen and took some apple juice from the fridge. It was just us: my mom, Pricilla, Isabel, and I. My dad wasn't here, but he would be soon - he was going to be okay, and we'd be a full family again.

Breakfast was quiet, but no one made the effort to say anything, so it stayed that way. My mom walked out of the kitchen, and shuffling was heard in the living room. I could hear a couple of picture frames moved aside, and she came back in making noise with the keys that she was carrying.

"Here." She handed me my keys. I looked up at her, and she put them in my hand, "You can have them back."

"Are you sure?" I asked as I looked at them, she nodded. I put them in my pocket and gave her a small smile. "Thanks."

The rest of breakfast was quiet after our small conversation, until it was time to go to school. We got everything, and said our goodbye's outside. She would be driving Isabel to school, while I drove Pricilla and I to school.

"Before Austin left, he said he wanted to talk to you." My mom said, before I got into the truck. "I don't know what he wanted."

"Thanks, I'll find out at school." What she did next caught me by surprise - she hugged me. A hug between a mother and daughter shouldn't be unusual, but for this family it was. A hug was something I wasn't really fond of, and I guess I got it from my parents.

"Thank you for watching over Isabel last night." She whispered, as she stroked my hair. "I love you."

I felt the tears forming at my eyes, and I hugged her back tightly. "I love you, too."

"Everything will be okay - I promise. Now go to school, you'll be late if you don't leave now." She said before pulling away and smiling at me.

I wiped the few tears away, and smiled back at her before we said our goodbyes, and I left to school for the day.

* * *

Lunch was pretty empty, and I had no idea why. I didn't mind though, it was actually good to get my food on time and not have to hurry to finish it all. I sat down and waited for all my friends to get here before I began eating. Rose ate her usual cheez-its, and everyone else ate the lunch the school provided - the only person missing now was Crystal, and nobody knew where she was.