Part Eleven: I Promise

___

Song For The Chapter:

Be Alright by Justin Bieber

For The Love Of A Daughter by Demi Lovato

___

-Celeste's Point Of View-

It was less than three weeks for our songs to be completed, recorded, and turned in, and we had yet to begun recording. Austin focused more on vocal exercises since my voice wasn't to a level it was suppose to be, so we never really go around to recording.

If we had time, Austin and I would go outside during school hours to work on vocals and harmonies. We would sit on benches located just outside of the cafeteria, and would practice until we had to either go back to class, or go to my studio. It was exactly what we were doing right now: excused from music class, and sitting down on benches working on my voice.

I wouldn't really consider what we were doing "working" since we were both scrolling thru our phones, and not getting anything done, but I wasn't complaining. Austin's phone played music, and we both hummed along to it, just relaxing and not worrying about anything.

It felt good to sit outside in the warm sun, listening to music, and relaxing - its was soothing. I moved Austin's phone from the floor, to the bench where he was working on homework, and rolled onto my stomach so I was facing down. Social medias didn't really provide much entertainment since everyone was in class, so I focused on deleting unnecessary pictures that my friends had taken on my phone.

"Hey Celeste." Austin poked my shoulder with a pencil to avert my attention from my phone to him.

"What?" I sat back up and looked up at him.

"Did you write down the notes from English yesterday? I wasn't paying attention." He said pointing at a blank page that was just titled 'notes' and had the date written on the corner.

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly. "Austin." I whined. "The notes weren't even that long - you should've written them down."

"Celeste." He said mocking my tone. "I didn't want to write down the notes, so can I please see yours?"

"I left them at home, so no you cannot see my notes." I rolled back on my stomach and continued to delete unneded pictures.

"Celeste, please." He complained. "Lets go to your house now - this paper was due two weeks ago, and apperently the notes we took last class will help."

"Too bad - you should've been paying attention." I mocked.

"Look," he pointed towards the parking lot, "the custodians are opening the gates. Lets just go now, so I don't have to struggle."

"Nope." I shook my head, and turned the music from Austin's phone on louder.

"You can get home earlier, and I'll get the notes. See! We both win." I thought about it for a while. We still had about thirty minutes of school left, and to be honest, I didn't want to be here anymore. I was tired, hungry, and ready to get home.

"Fine. Lets go." I quickly put notebooks that were scatered around back into my backpack, and picked myself off the ground. Austin put his homework back in his backpack, and turned the music from his phone off before leading us back to his car.

The car ride back home was silent except the sound of the air that blew thru the car, and the faint sound of the radio. Since we spent more time together lately, the awkwardness that usually surrounded us was less noticible. We could easily carry conversations with each other now better than we did about a month ago, but sometimes we just chose to sit in silence and enjoy the moment.