Nothing is What It Use To Be: Epilogue

Epilogue

- I accidentally deleted this about two months ago, sorry.

___

Song:

Monster by Paramore

___

-Celeste's Point Of View-

I made it.

I'd done everything I'd ever wanted to accomplish back in high school; I had everything I wanted, and more. My family was proud of me - or at least I was sure of it - but still, something was missing.

As for Austin, he'd made it bigger than anyone else of our graduating class. He'd gotten his big music break, and though we had no communication what-so-ever, I was beyond proud of him. He made it big, traveled, made music, and basically did everything he'd ever wanted to do. I was beyong happy for him and all of his accomplishments so far, though I never got a chance to tell him.

I'm happy, that's for sure, but there's still a part of me that continues to wonder what things wouldn've been like. But that was me, though. I always thought about things too into dept.

Though I felt Austin and I had ended at good terms, there was still a part of me that felt unsure about all of this. Maybe I should've given Austin a chance, but that didn't happen. I pushed him away; I pushed someone I cared for so much at one point away. But, if you were to really think about it none of this would've worked out. Our friendship never worked out, and it was the way things had to be. Though it felt different, I learned to accept it, and eventually move on.

I'd lost one friend that meant so much, but I gained six that I loved more than anything. And that's where life had taken me. I shared a apartment building with them in New York - just the way we had planned years ago.

Things were so much better now - or at least better than they were years ago. I'd spent all of high school lonely and bummed out that I never really got to have fun, and live in the moment. I regreted that more than anything, but as I said before, things couldn't be changed.

I was happy with what I had now, and wouldn't trade it for anything. I had my dream job, great friends, and I was definately in a better state of mind. I had my moments - but doesn't everybody? And luckily I had people to keep me grounded.

In my mind everything was perfect, and maybe along the way, I would see Austin again. Maybe even then things could go differentely and things would finally work out. But until then, I would continue living the way I did, and would not let anyone or anything bring me down.

I was done feeling bad about what I did, and done feeling like such a burden. Austin had often told me I would get past these small obstacles and he was right, I did. Though he was no longer in my life or in contact with me, I still took what he had once said into consideration.

I just needed one last chance to tell him what I was truly greatful for, the things I'd forgotten to tell him once.

___

Author's Note:

So, that was the end. I loved writing this story at times and I hope y'all enjoyed it too. I'm thinking about a sequel and I'm not sure, I might go thru with it. Have a great day.

Twitter: @PropsAndMahone

Tumblr: selfish-machiness.tumblr.com

Instagram: @carlasolis_