n i n e

Straight to the point, look at the authors note at the end!!!

(Picture is X)

///\\\

Cade steps out of the red car with a smile on his face.

The guy from before hands Cade twelve stacks of money.

Zeus bumps my shoulder,"You know I bet on him right?" I shake my head. "He's gonna go home with 20,000 dollars or more tonight." My eyes widen but I keep my head straight, staring at Cade.

Was this a hobby or a job? Who makes 20 thousand dollars just like that?

The more he revealed the more I wanted to know. Why is he so complex and interesting?

The X dude that Cade and Zeus were talking about approaches him. X says something and the two smile at each other. Cade tilts his head in our direction and X nods his head. They begin to walk in our direction together.

"What is he doing?" I ask Zeus. Zeus is in shock as well.

"Being Cade." He says quietly.

The two men approach us and I'm trying to avoid eye contact with both of them.

I now notice that X has monolid eyes. His eyes are a warm brown and his hair is a nice shiny black color, straight as a board. His tan skin contrasts aginst his white shirt. He seems to have some Asain in him.

"X, this is Eve." Cade speaks for me. I stick my hand out for him smiling. His hand meets mine and he shows a small smile. "You already know Zeus." They nod at each other.

X's eyes travel back to me. "So Cade, this is who you were trying to impress.... bringing Lolita out and everything." Cade shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

X smiles and laughs to himself as he just told a joke, but he's the only one who got it.

I try to break the ice,"So, how did you meet Cade?" I ask X.

His face lights up in recognition. He looks at Cade and smiles.

"It's funny you ask, Eve." X smirks.

I look at Cade and notice him avoiding eye contact.

"Well, back in the beginning, Cade was not so good at racing so he asked me to give him some tips. We grew to be friends and the rest is history." I examine the two boys in front of me.

"Uh... okay." There is something that he is hiding.

"Well, it was lovely meeting you Eve, hopefully I'll be seeing you again. Have a good night." He waves his hand and turns to walk back to his friends.

"Okay, that was awkward." I state. Cade doesn't say anything. Zeus begins to make his way to his car and I follow.

Cade still won't look at me.

///

This is horrible.

The whole entire car ride has been silent. No one has said a thing. Not one song has played.

"Zeus, can you dj again? I like the music you play." I lean foward to talk.

He silently unlocks his phone and puts on a song that I can't recognize.

Sitting back I let my eyes close. My seatbealt restricted me from being all the way comfortable but this was close. I liked the way cars made me feel free.