f o u r t e e n

Hope you enjoy this chapter <3 please give me feedback!!!

With love,
                       anonblonde.

"Hi darling!" She smiled embracing her white teeth with her perfect red lipstick. Her hands reached out and grabbed my shoulders and she placed a kiss on each of my checks making a pecking noise. She still held on to my shoulders in an inviting way and looked me in my eyes,"You've been taking care of my son, yes? We hear great things about you Ms.Eve, please do not disappoint. And call me Grace." She gave my shoulders a small rub before letting me go. Her hands felt very kind upon my shoulders and they were warm. Her long brown hair cascaded down her chest in waves. She was wearing a beautiful black ballgown and had very tan and perfect skin. I stared in amazement at his mother for what felt like minutes.

His father on the other hand, was a spitting image of him. He had began to go gray with white streaks in his black hair. His father had a cold glass of brown liquor held in one hand with a ring on his appropriate finger and a sparkly diamond watch. He had an intense gaze set upon me which made me squirm in all the uncomfortable ways. His eyes creased where they met and his eyes and nose were exactly the same as Cade's.

"Nice to meet you sir." I smiled at his father with my hand out.

"Nonsense." His voice had a small Italian accent and it was quite charming. He took my hand and pulled me in for a hug. He smelt expensive and his suit was very stiff. "If Cade can bring you around to our ball, you're important enough to get a hug." He let me go and looked to his son. "Call me Big Al." He smiled showing a good tooth on the side of his mouth.

They both looked at each other with a silent nod of respect before Cade hugged his mother and she gave him many kisses around his face.

Cade and his father seemed very estranged and the tension in the room could be cut with a knife.

"Well, I'm going to take Eve to our table. I'm sure she would like a glass of water." His parents smiled and turned to talk to each other in flirtatious whispers.

"Your parents are so elegant." I told Cade holding onto his arm as he guided me to a round table adorned by two teenagers.

"For now." Cade muttered as we approached the two.

"Eve, this is little Al. My fathers clone, and favorite." Cade jestured to his little brother who appeared to be enchanting a pretty blonde girl. I waved and his brother looked me up and down raising an eyebrow to Cade.

"You always liked em like this or are you on a new phase?" His brother almost spat out to Cade. My hands began to get sweaty and I could feel Cade tense beside me. I looked at the floor towards the bottom of my dress and felt Cade looking at me through the curtain of my hair.

"You fückiñg punk. I can and will beat your ass. Just because we're at the ball doesn't mean I won't. Don't press your luck Al." I looked up to Cade to find him seething. His eyes were black and he had a large crease in between
his eyebrows.

I looked to Al to see his cheeks slightly pink but his face still held some disgust of some sort. Cade pulled out my chair and I sat in it without a word. Cade took the glass in front of me and said something about drinks. I nodded my head without thought and began to look around.

Most people here were older of some sort. There were not many young adults or teenagers here. They were all dressed very fancy with expensive jewelry. A lot of the people here were chatting which complimented the small group of instruments in the corner of the large ballroom. I felt as if everyone kept making glances my way and just couldn't wait to find out who I was and what I was doing here with Cade.