~Chapter 4~

I tighten the bow around my neck and open the door to my room. Titus is down the hall standing in his doorway with his back facing me. He's yelling on the phone at someone. I can't tell what the hell he's dressed as, but he it doesn't suit him.

"Whatever." He grumbles lastly and hangs up. Without turning around, I watch him cross his arms and say, "Staring is rude, Ty."

I don't reply, and instead I close my eyes shut and follow in his manner and lean against my own doorway. "No wonder Nicki avoids you." I scoff, but in all honesty I meant for it to be a thought and a thought alone. 

"What's that supposed to mean?" Titus' voice was drawing nearer and I know he's in my face. I open my eyes and blink to clear my vision.

"N-Nothing." I stutter. I'm not in the mood to go against him.

He squints his eyes at me menacingly and I clear my throat discreetly. "That's what I thought."

I avoid eye contact with him because he's giving me that stare that meant he's ready to pounce and kill someone. I actually worry if he would actually go through with it at times. It didn't seem like something he wouldn't do. His eyes return to happy and carefree Titus, and I exhale a sigh of relief. There's my twin brother.

"I'm ready to party." He cheers and runs downstairs where, at the exact same moment, the doorbell rings. The first party guests who are on time. I walk back to my room and make sure to lock my door. The last time I didn't when Titus had a party my bedroom was filled with drunken teenagers grinding and kissing. I once had to break up a pair of them because they were practically having sex on my floor.

I grab my fake gun off my dresser next to the portrait of my mom holding me when I was just born. Music blares from downstairs throughout the entire house and I can hear the crowd growing and growing. Maybe I'll see Nicole down there if I'm lucky. I close my sketchbook and lock it away in my only drawer with a lock. I don't want people snooping in on my belongings.

I ruffl my hair and look at the door knob. I can go down there, have a few drinks, and maybe I won't act so stupid. No. I can't drink alcohol. It tasted terrible the last time Titus tricked me into drinking it by emptying out my soda and replacing it with beer. I can't chicken out. I already have my costume on and everything. I slowly unlock my door and press my teeth together. Going downstairs shouldn't be as nerve wracking, but it is. I finally give up and decide I need fresh air to clear my mind.

I open my balcony doors and reach the end railing where the silhoutte of trees block my view from beyond the forest. I haven't been to the clearing in a while. I remember the last time I went there it was pounding with rain, but I still managed to enjoy the warmth of the water. I sit on the stone bench and gaze at the moon. It's a crescent and still brightens the night like no other. It makes me feel a bit less nervous about going downstairs to the party.

"Hi." A soft female voice came from behind me and I jump back completely puzzled.

Nicki is standing there with a small grin on her face. "O-Oh Nicki. Y-you're here." I exhale. I look over her costume and cute doesn't cover it. Her hair looks so soft and shiny. I want to wrap my arms around her all day. I notice she's looking over me as well. "I-I'm a secret agent." I explain briefly.

Her smiled widenes as she laughes, "And I'm a Greek Goddess." She twirls a little and makes her way to my side on the bench. 

"Are you cold?" I ask. She does look like she lacks warmth with the dress and all.

She shrugs, "A little, but it's probably enough jacket lending." I pull off my jacket and wrap it around her instead. I don't want to take any chances with her health. She gives me a warm grin, "Thanks."

"You're welcome." I reply lowly.

"Your stutter is cute." She points out of nowhere. I want to turn around and make sure she's talking to me, because I feel like a complete moron in front of her.

"I don't usually stutter, i-it's just I'm nervous around you." I explain dropping my gaze down to my feet. It's hard to have a casual conversation with Nicki.

She giggles again and the melody is music to my ears, "I think it's adorable." I stare at her eyes and I feel slightly confused by their color. They now reflect the greying light of the moon. It's no longer dark brown, but it has a certain glow to it that makes her eyes look beautiful. It makes her look beautiful. I lean in a little to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me. I've never seen anyone with such an interesting view, but here I am confusing myself over the color of Nicole Hanson's eyes.

I notice Nicole follow my lead, and my eyes flicker down to her lips that are slightly parted and are drawing closer to mine. My heart is speeding at a mile a minute, and I feel drawn to her body and her energy. The way she makes me feel is driving me insane, and I want to taste her lips. I want to know if they're as interesting as her eyes. Her lips bring warmth to mine although they aren't touching yet, and her eyes are just as intimate as mine, and in the moment, I know.

I'm going to do it.

I'll kiss Nicole Hanson.

I'm going to kiss the girl who's eyes are now grey.