~Chapter 19~

"Ty?" I wake up to the sound of Titus' voice. Upon opening my eyes, he barges into my room unannounced. "Are you menstruating or something?" He shakes the box of tampons in his hand and I groan and turn over in bed.

"Aren't you supposed to be throwing up?" I retaliate in reference to his late night out clubbing, and coming home at 1 am with swollen feet and smelling like piss.

"We are to not talk about that, Ty. Got it?" He spits sharply, and I put my hands up in surrender.

"Whatever." I pull the sheets off my body and Titus leaves in an angry tantrum.

My plans for the day include finding out what the hell happened to me and those wolves. I know there's something going on, and now I'm beginning to think Rose is involved in it.

How could she possibly take something like that so easily? I know for sure grandma knows something, but I don't want to ask her questions yet. I mean, last time I talked to her she told me I'm in love with Nicole.

How insane is that?

Rolling my eyes, I quickly change into a Star Wars t-shirt and a pair of shorts with shoes. It's pretty cool outside, but my body temperature, for some reason, neither rises or falls in the cold. It's almost as if the weather doesn't affect me. It makes me feel like Superman.

I snatch my backpack off the floor on my way out and don't bother to tell Titus. He doesn't need to know. I'm not in a hurry, and I don't even jog to the woods. I feel a sense of calm overcome me completely. 'This is the perfect time to perform a series of nature sounds to match this setting. Let's start with the sounds of whales having sex.' Announces Dick. Suddenly, my ears are filled with the obnoxious sound of him imitating whales mating.

'Shut up, will you?' I growl in irritation. There's no way I can survive with a roommate in my head. Is this what it feels like to be psychotic?

'I want Nicole.' Dick whines.

'Not now.' I sigh, 'Please, Dick.'

'Wait a minute? Did you just call me Dick?' He bursts in outrage.

'Yes, I did!' I shout back stomping through the woods.

'I have a name, you know?'

"Yeah, Dick.'

'You know, Tyler, I don't appreciate the disrespect. It's insulting to the both of us, and if we're gonna share the same body there needs to be a fine line of trust.' He negotiates.

'Trust? You're in my brain!'

'I think we both know I'm more than that, Ty. You've seen it for yourself.' His voice is seeping with darkness and images of the dead wolves flash through my head.

'I...I knew it.' I whisper.

'Great, and now that we've established you're not completely insane, let me set my grounds.'

'Grounds?' I relax against one of the trees. This must be interesting.

'My name is Henry. Pleased to make your acquaintance once more.' The name Henry sounds familiar, but I can't figure out where else I've heard it.

My heart slowly speeds up, 'once more?'

'This isn't the first time we've met, Tyler.' A devilish grin crosses his face.

'What's that supposed to mean?'

'A certain series of events that have been occurring has lead me back into the light. You see, Tyler, I've been in the dark all these years. I'm here to help you cope with your emotions. I'm the side of you that channels all of your feelings.' Dick explains further.

'You're the one that took over.' I whisper, meaning for it to be a question but it's a known answer instead. 'How?' I'm beginning to think he's a split personality of mine, but why now? Am I actually going crazy?

'Nothing like that split personality nonsense. We are one, Ty. I'm just the better side of you.' He smirks.

'Those wolves... how?'

Dick hesitates, 'I think I should go now. That's not my place to explain, and plus, your mother is the one who started all of this.' His voice is filled with hate at the mention of my mother.

'What does she have to do with this?' I nearly demand, but Dick no longer responds. It feels like he was never even there. My breathing becomes heavy and I've never felt so frustrated in my life. I punch the nearest tree and kick it also.

"Why?" I shout to the sky, and in return, birds fly.

~•••~

"What is love? The best feeling, I guess you could say. It's like being on cloud nine. You know you have strong feelings for someone that you can't deny, and you'll do anything to make them happy." I'm staring at the screen completely as if I'll see something I didn't notice the first couple hundred times I've seen this video. It's all the same, though. Same black hair, piercing green eyes, and contagious grin. Mom.

Sighing, I stare at my drawing in progress. Long brown hair, mysterious gray eyes, and perfectly tanned skin. My eyes flutter shut and I feel a strong yearn for something-I don't know what. 'Dude... can you put on some clothes?' Henry growls suddenly. It's his first comment of the night ever since our conversation in the woods. He seems grumpier than usual, but I don't bother to answer him. There's a knock at the door, and Titus shouts that he's going to answer it. Not that I really want to wrapped in a towel and fresh out the shower. I turn off the television set in which my mom was showing the 5-year-old me her painting easel.

'Wait,' Henry whispers and I freeze. 'It's...' He looks around in a confused manner, and suddenly I lose control of my body. I spectate as Dick presses his ear against the door, and there are footsteps climbing the stairs and we're struck with an earth-shattering scent that makes me weak in the knees.

He stumbles back and the door cracks open slightly. "Damn." He swears as he falls on the bed. It's nice to know Dick is clumsy. There's a gentle knock at the door, and Dick clears his throat and smells his breath. 'Germ freak.' He utters to me and I roll my eyes. He opens the door, and we're both in shock as we see the gorgeous girl standing before our presence. I hear Dick whimper, and I'm in control of my body. "Oh, um, Nicki." I finally cough up. In a dark realization, I glance down.

'Oh, sweet Goddess you're in a towel!' Dick sounds more embarrassed than I.

"Let me uh, p-put something on."

Nicki is quick to shake her head, "No, it's fine. I just want to talk to you." I step back and let her into my room.

'The shower is still on. Idiot,' observes Dick.

"So, uh, what did you want to talk about?" I look anywhere but her. I don't trust myself around her. I seem to act a lot dumber when she's around.

She sounds nervous as she explains, "Oh, um, a ball. You're the only person that knows the routine and all and I need a date."

Suddenly I'm confused. "How did you know?" The only person that knows about that is my grandma. I highly doubt she even knows my grandma is alive.

"Oh um, Titus t-told me?"

"Oh. Titus. Well, I guess I'm free tonight. What time does it start?" Titus has never known that about me, so how does she know?

"8, actually. I can uh, come and pick you up if you want." Her eyes brighten, and I honestly don't care how she found out anymore. She's so adorable.

"Alright, so I guess uh, I'll s-see you tonight?" Dick is shouting at me in glee and I'm very excited, but I don't show it to Nicole. If there's one thing I know is to not seem too excited. It draws their interest even more.

Or so, that's what Titus has told me.

"Tonight."