~Chapter 30~

It's been a few weeks since I woke up from the coma. Things are actually starting to look up for Nicole and I, and I'm deeply considering becoming Alpha now. Nicole is making it blatantly obvious she wants me to fulfill my role, but I know she'll support my decision no matter which I choose. "Ty?" Nicole rushes to the room with a stack of clothes in her hand. I put down the art brush and completely give her my attention.

"Yes, love?"

She sighs nervously, "Which dress?" She picks through them, showing me a variety of dresses. I frown because they all look the same to me, just different colors.

"Which do you think she'll like?"

I roll my eyes, "Babe, they all look the same."

Terror covers her face entirely, "Are you kidding? I had these made by 4 different designers? Oh my Goddess, she's going to hate it." She collapses on the bed and groans.

"Nicki, my grandma isn't like that. She already adores you."

Nicole gasps, "Does she? Why didn't you tell me? What's her favorite color? Or shall I go with my favorite color? Maybe your favorite?"

"She won't mind, trust me." I don't understand why girls make such a big deal out of clothing and what to wear. I sometimes wear the same shirt for 2 days and no one notices or says anything.

"Alright, fine. My gut is telling me to go with the dark blue one."

"Mhm." I turn back to my painting as Nicole discusses pack matters to me. I focus on my work at hand.

"Tyler? Are you listening?"

"Yes, love."

"No you're not." She complains, so I finally put down the brush and focus on her. "Don't worry about it. I'm going to change very quickly so we can go." She's wrapped in a towel, and I grin at her as she takes her desired dress and runs into the bathroom.

I return to my painting. 'Alpha, you have an incoming call from Future Alpha Colton.' William, the guard who leads the pack security mindlinks me. I actually prefer him out of any other guard. He's not scared of me like the others, but still respects my presence. Henry says he likes when people are afraid of us.

'Let him through to the phone in my room.' I walk over to the phone on the desk and pick it up.

"Hello?" Cole greets.

"Is that him?" A muffled voice in the background asks, and I recognize it as Nick.

"Hi, how are you?"

Cole clears his throat, "Look, man, I know Nicki probably doesn't want to talk to us now, but we're...we... we want to talk to her. Dad is just being a prick right now..." He stops talking and I scratch my head.

"She does want to see the two of you. She misses you both, actually. I don't know about her dad, but-"

"That's cool! Can we come over sometime? Maybe tomorrow? We'd like to talk to you in person as well."

I nod, "Sounds fine."

The door to the bathroom opens, "Ty, we have to go. Eric has the dining room closed off for the night, and the pack is on curfew call, so we won't be interrupted." She hurries around the room and secures the earring in her ear. I put the phone down and gaze at her. She looks so cute. She stares at me and twirls, "So? How do I look?"

I roll my eyes and stand up. "I don't know why you were so worried about the dress." She grabs my arm and pulls me out the room.

"I-I'm so nervous. I'm going to die, you know? My nerves are like-" I want to tell her about Cole and Nick, but she's too anxious now. I lead her downstairs and we reach the dining room.

"Relax and breathe," I instruct outside the door. She gazes at me with her beautiful eyes and nods her head. "Are you good?"

She breathes out slowly then nods her head, "I'm ready." I carefully open the door to the dining room. The table is very long and is allotted with candles and other fancy utensils and place settings. Grandma is sitting on the end, and she grins at Nicki and I upon our arrival.

I lead Nicki over to one of the chairs closest to grandma and pull it out for her. I can hear her heart pounding in her chest and I push the chair back in after she takes a seat. I sit across from her. "Oh my," Grandma gasps as she gazes at Nicole. "What a beautiful dress!"

Nicole smiles, "Thank you! I had it sewn by Ethel. She's quite good at what she does."

"I bought this at the nearest dress store. It cost 500 dollars." Grandma then frowns, "I forgot we have our own team of seamstresses." She then regains her composure and winks, "Good thing I haven't removed the tag."

Nicole laughs, and they begin to talk. I'm not focusing much on what they're saying. It's all girl-talk and nonsense. 'Incoming call from Alpha Gerald of Midnight Pack.' William informs.

'Place him on hold like the others.' I close my eyes.

Henry inputs, 'You must decide soon, Tyler.'

One of the pack members brings out our dinner, and we all begin to eat. Nicole and grandma still talk. 'I know, but not now.'

'Then when?'

'Whenever I feel like it's time. I have to consider all possibilities.'

'You should be considering our mate. How she will fare off without this pack. You can't always be there to protect her, you know?' I frown at Henry's thoughts. He is right, after all. Once we finish eating, our plates are taken to the back.

"Wouldn't that be lovely, Ty?" Nicole turns to me with a big smile, and I nod and grin back as if I've been listening the entire time.

Grandma notes, "You know, Nicole, you'll make the perfect luna for the pack. You've got yourself quite the catch, Tyler." I nod my head at grandma and stand up.

"Well, he still hasn't decided if he's going to fulfill his role or not. I may not be luna." Nicole gives me a pointed look.

"You must! I insist, Tyler. As long as you are the leader of this pack and Nicole is by your side, you are guaranteed protection and loyalty for a lifetime. Everyone in here may not be related to you by blood, but we're all family. We take care of one another. It's what we do."

I sigh longingly and gaze at Nicole. She looks at me hopefully, and I picture her leading the pack with me. If I deny the title and live on my own with Nicole we'll still be threatened by rogues and other rival packs. Here, she is always safe and she seems to be happy.

"I guess the luna ceremony isn't the only thing I have to plan now," I state.

Nicole gasps, "Are you saying-?" I nod my head, and she runs over and hugs me tightly. "Thank you so much, Ty! I love you! I can't believe this!"

I look at grandma over Nicole's shoulder and she laughs, "Welcome aboard, Alpha Tyler."