~Chapter 21~

Silence.

There's nothing but a deepening silence between Titus and I.

This is the time for me to tell him. Everything. "I'm in love with her. That's something neither of us can change, and we both know that."

Titus remains emotionless, "How long? How long have you been... changing?"

"I've always been changing, Titus. The biggest change in me is Dick-well, Henry. He-"

"Henry?" He questions and his brow raises.

"I don't know if it's a split personality, or-"

"It's not. Henry is...but no, he's not supposed to show up unless..." His eyes expand and he gapes at me, "Dear Goddess..."

"W-What?" I ask.

"Not now." He frowns.

"Not now? I just-"

"I'll tell you everything, just not now." He nearly shouts in frustration.

I sigh, "I'm going to bed." I then make my way upstairs.

~•••~

I can't sleep. I snuck out the house, and I've been in the fields since 2 am, at least. I don't know how long it's been, but it's still dark out.

I break the grass off and drop it back, and continue to pull other blades from their home. I don't know what to make of this situation. Titus says he'll tell me, but I'm in doubt about it. What makes him so willing to tell me now after all that's happened?

And Nicole... I can't stop thinking about her. I wonder if she's okay. Also, is she upset with me for leaving abruptly. I should have stayed. She was left alone because I can't control myself.

'This is my mind, too. Stop thinking so much.' Dick yawns and I lie flat on my back.

'You seem to know all of this, but you don't tell me. Why?'

He shrugs, 'Nothing should ever come easy to you. If you work for it, you have something to be proud of.'

I sit up, 'I'm trying. What else am I supposed to do? Kneel at your feet.'

'That actually doesn't sound like a bad idea.'

Before I can reply to Dick, I'm startled by a familiar voice. "Tyler?"

I quickly turned around to see Nicole. "Nicki?" I answer. She doesn't reply, and instead sits a bit too far away from me, but I don't say anything about it. "What are you doing here?" I question.

"I should ask you the same." I nod at her response. Where do I even begin? The fact that I abandoned her, or I told her she was mine, or...

"After what uh.... Happened last night... I-I've been trying to figure stuff... Out." I finally choke out.

'Is that all you've got? Seriously?' Comments Dick.

'Shut up.'

"Why?"

"There's something wrong with me. I.... I can't explain it..." I sigh.

"There isn't anything wrong with you. There are just some things that you don't remember ever since... " My parents.

"You know what's wrong with me?" There's a morsel of hope within me that maybe I'm not crazy after all. Maybe.

"Tyler, there's nothing wrong with you, I told you that. People can't control the way they're born." She shakes her head.