Chapter 4: Maya

Edited

I get home, going to my room straightaway, dropping off my bag before heading to Darren's room. My mother isn't here this time of day. She's probably out getting a free dinner with a very rich businessman. It's her routine. She acts sophisticated and composed in public yet breaks down and releases the beast privately. Nowadays, she doesn't even care about me. I wonder if those kids would still exchange their lives for mine if they knew. I wonder if they would still sneer at me wondering why I was born so lucky if they knew.

I'm about to open his door when I hear moans. A girl's moan. My face twists with anger. I open the door harshly revealing Darren over some random girl. One of the girls from this morning. What can I tell you? They are known for it after all. The blanket covers his butt and legs. He stops dead as both of them look at me very surprised.

"You abandoned me." I accuse him.

"Can we talk later? I'm a bit busy." He says gesturing at the blonde girl beneath him.

"You left me asleep in front of the guy's locker room!" I turn to look at the girl. "I think you should go."

She scurries from underneath Darren, covering her big boobs with one arm and heads out with her clothes clutched in another hand stopping at the bottom of our stairs to put her clothes on.

"You left me vulnerable there! How dare you!" I spit at him.

"Maya... I know you're angry and everything right now but since you made her leave me while I was having sex with her, I'm sort of left with a terrible boner so could we have this  conversation later?" He says winking.

"Gross." I exclaim before turning to leave, slamming the door shut with me.

Fuck him. He left me alone at school to be home with some busty girl. Yea right he'll protect me. That can go to shit, just as much as all those other promises he never kept.

💫💫💫

The following morning, I get into Darren's car deciding to completely ignore him. He glances at me before starting the car.

"Look, I'm sorry Maya... This girl just came over to me and I was feeling a little horny and I didn't see you sleeping on the floor."

"It's not physically possible. I was right in front of the guy's changing rooms. You couldn't have missed me."

"I don't know but I just did."

"Do you know someone called Cale?"

"Yea, he's on the team. What about him? Could it be you're finally interested in a guy?" He starts smirking at me.

Gross.

"No he just drove me around the block because you didn't."

"That's odd. That guy barely enjoys breathing the same air as a girl. He's the type that doesn't look like a virgin but acts a bit like one."

"Maybe he just doesn't believe in meaningless sex."

"Maya, that guy doesn't just choose not have sex, he completely avoids girls altogether. And for the record, he's the only guy I know that would turn down sex."