Chapter 67: Maya

My eyes widen in pure shock. Her eyes looked in the mirror and met mine in rather broad and undisturbed way yet her eyes seemed curious through the tears, which had stopped in that short period of realization.

What's happening? This isn't in my memories. Can I truly alter them?

I loosen my grip on her and take a few steps backwards, stumbling to get a hold on something substantial but I simply fall to the floor, unable to believe what I see. She turns to look at me, her eyes filled with wonder and astonishment.

"Who are you?" She asks, her eyes skimming around my body, trying to search me out, figure who I am. "You look like me..."

There is a mutual silence as we figure each other out. I push myself off the cold tile flooring which seems to seep into my skin. Am I even real? Our gazes are the same and so are our eyes, connecting to form reciprocal feeling of peace. One last teardrop falls from her chin to hit the floor to break our seemingly everlasting connection. We then both reach forward, our hands getting nearer and we both feel the same fear but excitement haunt our souls as our fingers are but mere centimeters away from each other.

Our hands touch and immediately I feel a spark of energy, lightning circulates through my body and I feel alive. I feel her. I feel me. Before my eyes, all my memories pass in a hurried glimpse and I feel tears mount to my eyes as I remember and feel all the emotions from this point onwards. The younger looks at me perplexed, amazed, yet unaware, blind in front of my memories.

I take hold of her face, cupping her with my hands as tears flows down my eyes. She doesn't know what's coming up for her. Everything would be so much if time stopped, if she didn't have to know what was yet to happen. Her eyes, focused on mine as she elevates her hand to gently touch my forearm and time does seem to stop, to completely fade.

Then I feel myself getting lighter. I look down seeing my legs slowly fade away to sprinkles of glitter which in its turn, proceeds to fade as well.

"Be strong..." I whisper in her ear, before I completely disappear.

Goodbye.