Chapter 38: Maya

As I enter my room, I see Gigi sprawled across my bed, her fingers skimming through her Instagram wall. I find a smile creep onto my face in joy before I close the door behind me.

She props herself onto her elbow and looks at me giving me a gentle smirk.

"So... Spill the news!" She urges excitedly.

I open my mouth to speak.

"Wait!" She says stopping me. "Is this about Cale?"

"Some of it is..."

"Then what's the other part?"

"I'm getting to that!" I say laughing slightly at her enthusiasm.

This is why I love Gigi Smith this much. She always finds a way to brighten up your day and change your mood even as you feel you are unable to smile.

"So? Cut to the chase."

"My mom's remarrying."

"What?" Her face quickly turns to a frown in sheer confusion as she tries to reprocess what I just said.

"Remarrying?"

I nod.

"To who?"

"This rich guy called Harvey."

"Does that mean you're moving out?"

I heart stops for a moment. Moving out? I never even thought of the possibility of that happening. It never even occurred to me that I might move out.

"I don't know." I reply suddenly very aware.

"Well it doesn't matter that much, I'd come visit you anywhere!" She says grinning but I know it's just a way for her to try to bring my mood up.

"I grew up in this house. All the memories of my Dad are in here. All my memories of everything are in here. I can't leave." I say as I think of an empty house that could potentially be this one in the near future.

"What's he like?"

"Awful. I don't like him."

I walk up to my bed next to Gigi and collapse on the bed beside her. I turn to face her.

"Tell me about Cale."

"Well, I never thought I would ask you this but I think I need love advice."

"I've been waiting for this moment ever since we became friends so spill! I can already remember all the tines guys asked you out and you simply said no because of your studies or what not."

"They simply didn't interest me. I don't see why they liked me in the first place."

"That's funny." She jokes, "Now tell me."

"Ok, ok! Well we kissed. Twice. Sort of."

"What?! How?! When?!"

"Ummm... Yesterday the first time and today the second time."

"And you just forgot to mention you lost your first kiss?"

"Oh... Actually I lost it a while ago."

"What?! Last time I checked you were a virgin everything!"

"Umm a few weeks back or so, at the party, Cale was trying to throw me off and forcefully kissed me. It was like a peck but I was caught off guard. Does that count?"

"That bastard." She says looking up at the ceiling as she lies on her back.

"Well, I was angry too at first, but then I understood why he did it and so I thought it didn't matter all that much in the end."