11| tall girls

it's new year's eve now and she's getting ready for a party she was invited to. 

when she pulls up, she sees you standing alone with a red cup in your hand.

her lips tilt upwards as she thinks, see, everyone left you, but not me.

when she's a foot away from you, she says, "hi."

"hey," you reply. you look around, the dim lighting casting a shadow on your face.

someone bumps into you, and you're suddenly closer ー so much closer to her that she can smell the alcohol in your breath.

no, she thinks. i won't take advantage of him when he's drunk and not thinking straight.

but you think otherwise when you lean forward so your lips are just brushing hers.

her brain says no and her heart says yes and her brain says yes and she's kissing you ー

oh, gosh. she's kissing you. finally fucking kissing you and your hair feels soft under her fingers and your hands are so cold, but your lips so warm.

suddenly, it ends too fast as you pull away at the sound of a sob... and then another. the sound of someone running away has her blinking in surprise. 

your eyes widen in realization ー

and suddenly you're gone after the girl.

(gone, gone, gone).

she's left, bringing her fingers up to her lips, tears in her eyes as she recalls never being kissed before.

you were her first kiss, and you left her in dust.