Chapter 2 - Shopping

A strong woman is one who is able to smile this morning like she wasn't crying last night.
---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

The rest of school went like it usually did, and I didn't see that boy again. I let out a revealed sigh as I stepped into the waiting car.

    "How was school?" My driver, Eddie asked.

    "It went just fine," I said, taking my backpack off as I sat down in the backseat.

     Eddie smiled at me sympathetically, and I pretended I didn't see. Instead, I unzipped my backpack and pulled my phone out.

     I unlocked it and went to my notes app, studying my grocery list. 

    "Umm, take me to the grocery store please," I told Eddie, snapping my phone case closed after a minute.

      I did live in a house with my husband, with only a maid and Eddie, my driver and our handyman for help. That meant Jack expected me to do all the cooking and shopping.

      "Thanks, it will take about an hour, so feel free to do whatever until then," I told Eddie, then stepped out of the car.

      I walked briskly into the grocery store, my eyes immediately settling on the farmers market stand.

     I picked up a zucchini and studied it, then put it and one more into my basket. After selecting four corn cobs, I moved on to the rest of my shopping.

      "Excuse me miss, but I believe you are blocking the mustard." Startled, I looked over and smiled at the little boy who had been talking to me.

    "I'm sorry! Did you need help reaching it?" I asked him.

    The boy smiled at me. "I can get it, thanks miss." He replied.

      I smiled and nodded before turning into the next aisle.

     An hour later, I was finally home, but unlike most high schoolers, I wasn't free to go do my homework right away.

    First, I had to make dinner, then I would have to eat, of course, and after making sure the dishes were clean, I'd have to take a shower. Then, I would have about an hour to do homework before bedtime.

I sighed. This is going to be a long night.