Chapter 20 - Sickness

Let's pretend the pain I feel everyday, is nothing. Let's make believe that life is totally perfect, and I've never been hurt. And let's laugh, like our lives aren't totally and completely screwed up.

---------------------------------------------

Kayleigh's POV

I walked into my house with a smile on my face. That smile quickly faltered when I saw Jack and that girl standing by his office door. Why is she here? I wondered.

I pretended not to see them, and instead walked over to the kitchen. After setting my backpack down on the counter, I sat down on a stool, and pulled out my school books.

I had a little time today before I needed to start dinner, so I decided to get a head start on my homework, because I had quite a bit.

"Let's see... Eighty nine-" I stopped abruptly and ran to the bathroom, and I barely made it to the toilet before I threw up.

A couple minutes later, I got up, and used a washcloth to clean off my face. "That's from you isn't it?" I asked my stomach. "And it probably isn't the last of that. Great." I said, looking in the mirror.

I sighed and looked around the small bathroom. It was a light pinkish color, not one I particularly liked. I flushed the toilet, then exited the room.

I sat back down on the stool, but I couldn't concentrate on schoolwork. After a minute, I gave up on my homework and decided to start dinner.

---------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter. Today hasn't been my day, so writing was difficult.