My Bodyguard.

As salamu alaykum! Welcome to a new chapter! Thank you for your patience & your support.

These covers were sent in by @ralfie ! I appreciate it, thank you! Xx

Enjoy the chapter. :)

•••••••
Recap;
"Mummy?" Hamza said as he walked beside me, making my head spin. The world felt like it had stopped as Zaid's head slowly turned downward, looking at Hamza with wide eyes.
I shut my eyes. Ya Allah. Help me.
Help me.
I took deep breaths to try and calm myself as Zaid stared directly into Hamza's eyes, that looked exactly like his.
Zaid looked back at me, his jaw clenched as he swallowed, his Adam's apple bopping up and down, before he looked back down at Hamza who was looking up at his...at Zaid with his beautiful eyes through his thick lashes.

Sumayya's p.o.v

"Is he..." Zaid sputtered. "Is that..."

"Don't be stupid." I said immediately, feeling protective all of a sudden, narrowing my eyes as I felt sweat forming on my upper lip, my lips drying. My arm shot out to block Zaid from Hamza's view.

"Your mummy's inside sweetheart. Fayza, come get your son!" I yelled, praying to god that she understood what was up and praying that Hamza wouldn't say anything else.

Fayza looked at me with wide eyes and quickly gathered Hamza in her arms. "Come here, baby." She said.

She had put on a jilbaab before leaving quickly, covering Hamza's mouth as he wriggled in her hold.

"Is that Fayza's son?" Zaid asked as if he hadn't believed me.

"No, I was lying." I replied sarcastically with a scoff, trying to hide the pounding in my chest and the frantic look in my eyes. "You've been gone for four years Zaid. Fayza got married in that time and had a child." The lie tumbled out of my mouth before I even had a chance to go over what I was saying.

Zaid looked down at where Hamza had just stood, looking deep in thought with narrowed eyes, my heart continued to beat wildly against my chest.

It was only after my mum came out that Zaid was snapped back into reality.