Chapter 3 ~Being Seen~

Bliss quickly hid back behind the tree, clutching her doll to her chest. She knew she couldn't go near them so she decided to make a run for it. She slowly looked out from behind the tree seeing the people had their backs toward her. She took a deep breath and looked around seeing a tree with the roots sticking out of the ground. If she could make a run toward it, if they saw her she'll be able to hide inside the roots without being seen.

         She quietly walked out of hiding towards the tree but as she got closer to her destination, she heard a voice call to her. "Hey! Kid! Stop!" She looked back seeing a man rub towards her but she immediately ran. "Hey! Stop!" She didn't listen to the man as she ran towards the tree and she climbed inside the roots. She crouched down when she found a spot in the roots that was small enough for her tiny body but also being able to not be seen.

          When the man stood beside the tree she was hiding in, she stayed quiet watching his every move. "Where the hell did she go?" He looked around and he walked off. When he was out of her sight, she sighed in relief. Bliss waited till he was out of sight and she slowly got out holding the doll close to her. She looked around not seeing the man but she knew he was close. She walked off but took the direction that made her get further away from the people.

         Bliss walked for hours and she still didn't know where she was at. Her stomach was growling from hunger and she felt sad and upset thinking she was never going to find her way home. The sky was not blue anymore, but instead, it was a purple and orange for the sun was setting and Bliss was lost for almost 24 hours. But one thing she knew was that her parents were worried sick about her. Especially her father. Even though her mother would be worried as shit about her, her father would be freaking out of his mind because he never was a father and he didn't want his only child be hurt or lost.

        She yawned knowing this was the time that she would go asleep with her parents beside her. But not tonight. Bliss shivered from the cold never realizing how cold it is at night. She clutched the doll closer to her trying to get some warmth as she walked through the darkness trying to find a safe place. But later on, she found a tree that was old and looked like the oldest one in the forest. She saw some branches and logs around it and saw three logs that were on top of each other but it made a small hallow that looked like she could fit in. Bliss walked over and climbed under the logs and laid down on her side. She shivered and held the doll close to her and she slowly closed her eyes. And for the first time in her five years of life, she didn't dream.

Sorry! I thought I published this, but I saw I didn't!