Chapter 5 ~Marines~

Bliss sat on a log in the forest as she finished eating a plate of fruit and a piece of meat her mother gave her to eat. She set the plate down and looked behind her seeing her father in a tree. She got up and walked over looking up at the tree and Singh looked down at her and she lifted her small arms up. He looked around but climbed down landing on the floor. He bent over and Bliss climbed on his back and he climbed back up but in a way that doesn't let her fall.

          He soon climbed back to the branch he was on and she looked over his back seeing the ground a long distance below her. But she didn't care, cause she has been up in trees with her father a lot of times before without never once falling off of his back or off the tree. Singh looked around as Bliss found a spot on his back that she was able to lay on her back. Singh smiled to himself always loving the feeling of his child on his back. It was peaceful and a loving moment till he heard gun shots in the distance.

        Singh quickly perked up as so did Bliss as she got up and looked over his back. He hissed and he knew it wasn't Becca, for she didn't have a gun since it sounded like it was more than one gun going off. He looked around then back to Bliss and he saw one thing that was in her eyes. Fear. Singh quickly climbed down and picked her up putting her on the ground. "Daddy, what's going on?" He looked back and nudged her. "But daddy, I want to go with you." He hissed and shook his head and nudged her again to go back home where it's safe. "Fine." Bliss ran off soon disappearing from his sight but he knew she was now safe back home. And with that he ran off towards the sound of gun shots.

          Singh climbed up a tree and hid behind the leaves as he crouched down and stayed quiet. Below him were men with guns he learned to be called Marines. He looked down at the men below him careful to not make a sound to make them look up at the tree he was in. "Are you sure something is out here?" Asked one of the men that looked like the youngest of them. "Yes I'm positive, I saw a child out there." Singh hissed quietly not liking that one of them saw his child. "It was probably your imagination Nick," "No it wasn't, I saw a child so I knew someone else is out here." Singh hissed but he didn't realize that they heard him.

         "What was that?" The men looked up at the tree Singh was in and one yelled, "It's a xenomorph!" They started to shoot at the tree and Singh hissed and screeched as he jumped out of the tree onto the ground. "Kill it!" The men continued to shoot at him and Singh quickly ran off into the bushes. "Don't let it get away!" He quickly ran trying to lose them but be didn't go back home cause he didn't want them to know where him and his family lived at.

         When Singh was a good distance away from the Marines, he jumped up in a tree and crouched down behind a group of leaves. The men ran below him but they stopped and looked around. "Shit, where did it go?" "We lost it!" The men looked around aiming their guns in every direction. "Fall back!" They ran off and when they were out of sight, Singh quickly climbed down and ran off towards the direction of his home. But now he knew, that they were now not the only people on the planet.