Reincarnation

One hundred years ago the inevitable happened. The world had lost all it's gods and there were no elemental powers given to anyone. The world remained slightly peaceful and none of the countries fell to any others. Many that knew about the gods said that the evidence of those one hundred years was enough that the gods should not exist. Isabella sat in the heavens hoping that one day the gods would be as wise as the humans and realize the message in the one hundred years of peace. On the 100th anniversary of the death of the gods they were reborn into their human bodies.

A young boy, about eight, sits on the edge of a bridge in the snow. His hair is short and brown. His clothes are a small, tattered white shirt and torn black pants. He wears no shoes and covers himself in a barf green blanket. He watches from over his arms and through his tears the happy people walking past him. He envies their money, happiness, and health. A chubby boy walks up to him and kicks him, "Hey crybaby, give me all the money you collected today."

"I don't sit out here for money."

"Then what good are you."

"This," he stands up and pushes the boy over the bridge. "I hope you die a frozen death you pathetic asshole." He walks away from the bridge and is approached by a man wearing a long black robe. "Excuse me child."

"If you're going to arrest me for killing him then go ahead and do it."

"No, I think I know why you did that."

"Then tell me why."

"You did it so he wouldn't bother you, but you aren't bothered by him you were protecting the people that would be bothered by him."

"I, I didn't think about that"

"Your instinct tells you to protect people."

"How do you know so much about me?"

"Because I was like you once, and I did exactly what you just did one time. I think you'd fit into the Tartaruseans life style really well. Take my robe and this money and head there." He takes off his robe and hands it to him. His shirt is a white t-shirt and long black slacks looking much like the young boy except that he had long white hair. The boy looks at the robe, "But, this is too big for me."

"Do you believe in magic?"

"Yes, I've seen it before."

"Then put it on." The young boy puts on the robe and it shrinks to fit him. Surprised by the magic and the warmth he looks at the man with a glow in his face. "By the way boy, what is your name?"

"My name is Leo."

"Leo, you walk a path that will be long and difficult. At the end of the journey after you find out what you need to the end will be sweet." The man disappears in a black mist and Leo is left staring off down the road. "Thank you." He says to the air. He walks through the town to the port.

On his way he bumps into a young girl, the same age as him, who has long brown hair and wearing a blue dress and a light green coat. "Oh, I'm sorry for bumping into you."

"It's fine I should have looked where I was going. Are you an orphan?"

"Yes, what's it matter?"

"I used to be, but I got adopted by the king and queen of Farraige. Here, I know it's not much but take this apple I got while shopping. I planned on eating it on the way home, but you look like you could use it."

"Thanks, but I don't do charity."

"It's not a charity thing. Look at it like this; take the apple as a sign that you and I are friends, and a promise that we will see each other soon. When you eat the apple you accept that we are friends and take the promise to see me again."